Access violation at address 0074D41F in module 'WinSCP.exe'

Advertisement

Coquimba
Guest

Access violation at address 0074D41F in module 'WinSCP.exe'

I am using the latest WinSCP 5.0.7 beta on a Windows Server 2008 SP2 32 bit and I received the access violation at address xxxx in module 'WinSCP.exe'
I solved by changing the preference to Explorer. I did this because of another post that had the same issue on a much earlier version and suggested that as a solution.
At least I wanted to report the issue so you can keep on improving this great app.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,268
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Access violation at address 0074D41F in module 'WinSCP.exe'

When did this occur?

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

mcovey
Guest

I am also getting this error. This happens after loading the connection window, right after the last step of connecting, before it attempts to render the SFTP browsing window.

I am Running winscp 5.0.7 on Windows 7 x64, service pack 1.

I took all the steps I could think of to clean up my environment to test - closed all other running programs, tried running it as administrator, cleared out temp folder, etc.

I have .NET framework 4 Client Profile and .NET Framework 4 extended installed.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,268
Location:
Prague, Czechia

mcovey wrote:

I am also getting this error. This happens after loading the connection window, right after the last step of connecting, before it attempts to render the SFTP browsing window.

I am Running winscp 5.0.7 on Windows 7 x64, service pack 1.

I took all the steps I could think of to clean up my environment to test - closed all other running programs, tried running it as administrator, cleared out temp folder, etc.

I have .NET framework 4 Client Profile and .NET Framework 4 extended installed.
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

mcovey
Joined:
Posts:
2

After using the debug build, I find that I am able to connect without error using the beta and debug versions.

I suspect that this may be related to a network driver issue that I fixed in the meantime. I was having a problem with Dropbox freezing my computer during sync, and at the advice of someone on their support forum, I installed an older Vista driver for my motherboard's LAN card. The motherboard is ASUS P5KPL-VM and the network driver is here: Atheros L1 Ethernet driver V2.4.7.15 for Windows 2000/XP/XP 64bit/Vista 32bit/Vista 2009.02.05 update.

In case anyone has this problem, if you have an Atheros network card, look for alternative network drivers which seem to work much better.

Reply with quote

Guest

Same with Asus P5QPL-VM EPU

FYI: I observed the same problem here with an Asus P5QPL-VM EPU board and Version 1.0.0.37 official stable driver from asus website after a fresh XP/SP3+ all patches install with a new not yet saved session.

Problem went away as soon as I saved the session, weird.[/url]

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,268
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Same with Asus P5QPL-VM EPU

Anonymous wrote:

FYI: I observed the same problem here with an Asus P5QPL-VM EPU board and Version 1.0.0.37 official stable driver from asus website after a fresh XP/SP3+ all patches install with a new not yet saved session.
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Reply with quote

pee
Guest

same error

Hi,

I get this error at least daily, especially when winscp is running for several hours.
I get then one or more message boxes with this error. upgrading to the next versions does not help.
any suggestions?

thanks

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,268
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: same error

pee wrote:

I get this error at least daily, especially when winscp is running for several hours.
I get then one or more message boxes with this error. upgrading to the next versions does not help.
any suggestions?
The same as above:
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum