Noticed an oddity after I upgraded openssh/openssl on my slackware8.1 server to deal with recent CERT advisories: downloads, when specifying "auto" (as opposed to binary) would continue on past EOF on the file being downloaded. The progress display would actually show values over 100%! However, when I specified BINARY, this problem does not occur. Uploads occur normally (no problems) when using "auto." It did not matter if I was using SFTP or SCP.
I am using WinSCP version 356, but also noticed it on 330. I reviewed quite a chunk of the Support forum but could find no reference to this problem, so I thought I would put a post here to say what I had found. My educated guess is that somehow I didn't do the openSSH/openSSL update properly. I had originally NOT installed slackware's package but had compiled them on the server myself. Then I converted to using slackware's packages. The original decision to not use their package was probably a bad one.
Anyway, this is a GREAT program -- thank you.