auto skip without prompting for existing file

Advertisement

hwahidin
Guest

auto skip without prompting for existing file

Dear Support Team,

I have using winscp437 to connect to SFTP server. Because I usually upload a larger number of files, I will leave the process overnight. I really don't have time to lookup the process if there's any existing files in the server. Is there any option in WinSCP to auto skip existing file without prompting first? I really need that feature.


Thanks,
Herman

Reply with quote

Advertisement

Guest

Re: auto skip without prompting for existing file

If I use that option and the uploaded file is newer, the existing file in the server will be replaced, right?
What I needed is even the uploaded file is newer, it should skip and not replace the existing file.

Actually, I also have set permission that a user cannot replace or edit the existing file, but the prompt still shown asking to delete, abort, retry, and skip.

Is there any way that when we do the upload, there will be no prompting, and the default action for any conflict is skip?

Thanks.

martin wrote:

Use New and updated file(s) only:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_copy

Reply with quote

hwahidin
Guest

Re: auto skip without prompting for existing file

Thanks for your kind respond regarding my question.

I have tried the synchronize option, it really helps to skip the existing file, but it didn't record which files were skipped in the log file... :( I need those records to cross check the contain of the existing files.

If I give you a donation, is it possible for you to make a little modification in the error prompting so it will do the "skipp all" action without waiting us to click it?

martin wrote:

Use synchronization, with both comparison criteria (Modification time and File size) disabled
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_synchronize

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,271
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: auto skip without prompting for existing file

hwahidin wrote:

I have tried the synchronize option, it really helps to skip the existing file, but it didn't record which files were skipped in the log file... :( I need those records to cross check the contain of the existing files.
Try upgrading to 5.1, it has better logging of synchronization.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

hwahidin
Guest

Re: auto skip without prompting for existing file

I have upgrading to 5.1, the log file for synchronization process is more detail now. But, the connection to my SFTP server is not stable, after transferring several files, there always error occured:

. 2012-10-05 18:01:16.376 Network error: Software caused connection abort
* 2012-10-05 18:01:16.376 (ECallbackGuardAbort) callback abort
. 2012-10-05 18:01:16.438 Fatal error while disposing the SFTP queue.
. 2012-10-05 18:01:16.438 Connection was lost, asking what to do.
. 2012-10-05 18:01:16.438 Asking user:
. 2012-10-05 18:01:16.438 Network error: Software caused connection abort ()

This kind of error is never happened when using WinSCP437. FYI, I am using Titan SFTP for the server side.
Could you help me, what caused this problem? And why it is happened with the latest version?

Thanks.

martin wrote:

hwahidin wrote:

I have tried the synchronize option, it really helps to skip the existing file, but it didn't record which files were skipped in the log file... :( I need those records to cross check the contain of the existing files.
Try upgrading to 5.1, it has better logging of synchronization.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,271
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: auto skip without prompting for existing file

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Reply with quote

hwahidin
Joined:
Posts:
3
Location:
Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: auto skip without prompting for existing file

I have sent you an email yesterday, please check. Thanks.


martin wrote:

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Reply with quote

hwahidin
Joined:
Posts:
3
Location:
Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: auto skip without prompting for existing file

I have resent you the email. But if you read this post, here is my email address: <removed by admin>
Thanks

hwahidin wrote:

I have sent you an email yesterday, please check. Thanks.


martin wrote:

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,271
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: auto skip without prompting for existing file

hwahidin wrote:

I have resent you the email. But if you read this post, here is my email address: <removed by admin>
Thanks
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

hwahidin
Joined:
Posts:
3
Location:
Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: auto skip without prompting for existing file

I have tried your debug version. I didn't have access to drive C, so I must create environment variable WINSCPTRACE.
The problem is if I didn't create the trace file, the transfer always returned an error (see attachment).
But, if I create the trace file using environment variable, the transfer just working fine.
So, the trace file didn't record any error.

Do you know what is the cause of the problem?
FYI, I also got the same error transfer when using WINSCP 5.1 (non debug version).

martin wrote:

hwahidin wrote:

I have resent you the email. But if you read this post, here is my email address: <removed by admin>
Thanks
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

error.jpg

Reply with quote

Guest

Re: auto skip without prompting for existing file

Dear Martin,

I have sent you the log file on November 13.
I hope you can check it and let me know the problem.
Really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

hwahidin wrote:

I have tried your debug version. I didn't have access to drive C, so I must create environment variable WINSCPTRACE.
The problem is if I didn't create the trace file, the transfer always returned an error (see attachment).
But, if I create the trace file using environment variable, the transfer just working fine.
So, the trace file didn't record any error.

Do you know what is the cause of the problem?
FYI, I also got the same error transfer when using WINSCP 5.1 (non debug version).

martin wrote:

hwahidin wrote:

I have resent you the email. But if you read this post, here is my email address: <removed by admin>
Thanks
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum