Topic "EDITOR of WinSCP"

Author Message
gueee

Guest


Hi.
WHile i need to edit a file, i have to choose "edit" , but the file (php, txt, html ..), it openes in WinSCP editor, but i need my default editor, which is set in my PC for each of those files (php,txt..).

or

add the following function to WinSCP editor:
i.e. when i edit a php file, i need to see the sequence numbers of line to the left ( as it is in Notepad++)
thanks
Advertisements
gueee

Guest


also, when i edit a php file,
it inserts a blank line among the two lines and the codes becomes such:

line1

line2

line3

(instead, it should not add any blank lines and should be such:
line1
line2
line3 etc...
Super Mario
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2012-10-16
Posts: 2
Location: Jlich
Check your preferences. There you are able to set a default editor.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24991
Location: Prague, Czechia
gueee wrote:
WHile i need to edit a file, i have to choose "edit" , but the file (php, txt, html ..), it openes in WinSCP editor, but i need my default editor, which is set in my PC for each of those files (php,txt..).

Please read:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/task_edit
_________________
Martin Prikryl
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24991
Location: Prague, Czechia
gueee wrote:
also, when i edit a php file,
it inserts a blank line among the two lines and the codes becomes such:

Can you provide me an original (server-side) copy of one of your php files?
Also please attach a session log file showing editing of that file. Thanks.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
ababeialexandru

Guest


WinSCP is really the best! I really like it but the bug with the blank lines is really annoying. I really don't know what to do to avoid those. Please, i beg you, give me a fix.

It usually happens when i save the file (the code looks normal, but if i close and open the file again it has a lot of blank lines not just one in between).

My editor is Dreamweaver CS5 at work and CS6 at home. What should i tell you more? Oh, at work i have 4.3.8 (Build 1771) version and at home, the latest.

Thank you in advance, please, don't ask me for more information and come with a solution. Thank you again :)
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24991
Location: Prague, Czechia
ababeialexandru wrote:
It usually happens when i save the file (the code looks normal, but if i close and open the file again it has a lot of blank lines not just one in between).

My editor is Dreamweaver CS5 at work and CS6 at home. What should i tell you more? Oh, at work i have 4.3.8 (Build 1771) version and at home, the latest.

So do you use Dreamweaver as external editor in WinSCP? Note that this thread is about an internal editor of WinSCP.

Try disabling Force text transfer mode for files edited in external editor:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_editor_preferences
PersisGranger

Guest


Using a version of WinSCP downloaded recently - think it was new at that time. Cannot find info when I open it to tell you more. I think that is when the problems began. Using Windows 8, but had no trouble on 8 prior to the new WinSCP. Using SFTP
Mention if you use GUI or scripting/automation. If you use GUI, specify interface style you are using (Commander or Explorer). Don't know that this is - sorry!

I open a Dreamweaver page, update it and save the updates (they are there the next time I open the page in DW).

BUT - when I open WinSCP - only an outdated version of the page shows in the local pane, easily spotted by the old date beside the file. In the "preferences" section under "Options" I have checked all except "continue on error." I have used DW and WinSCP for years and have had no problems even though I am a rank amateur mostly volunteering for my community. Event dates need to be changed right now, and I'm very concerned.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24991
Location: Prague, Czechia
PersisGranger wrote:
Using a version of WinSCP downloaded recently - think it was new at that time. Cannot find info when I open it to tell you more. I think that is when the problems began. Using Windows 8, but had no trouble on 8 prior to the new WinSCP. Using SFTP
Mention if you use GUI or scripting/automation. If you use GUI, specify interface style you are using (Commander or Explorer). Don't know that this is - sorry!

I open a Dreamweaver page, update it and save the updates (they are there the next time I open the page in DW).

BUT - when I open WinSCP - only an outdated version of the page shows in the local pane, easily spotted by the old date beside the file. In the "preferences" section under "Options" I have checked all except "continue on error." I have used DW and WinSCP for years and have had no problems even though I am a rank amateur mostly volunteering for my community. Event dates need to be changed right now, and I'm very concerned.

I'm not sure I understand your workflow. In Dreamweaver, do you work directly on the server or are you editing local files (which you then upload with WinSCP)?
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License