Cmd-file: Nothing to synchronize.

Advertisement

timteka
Donor
Joined:
Posts:
2
Location:
Moscow

Cmd-file: Nothing to synchronize.

Sorry, Martin, can't find out how to make cmd workable.
Can successfully run the following command from cmd:
D:\Dropbox\$SOFT\WinSCP\WinSCP.com /log=test.log /command "open ftp://login:passwd@192.168.6.3" "option echo off" "option batch continue" "synchronize local  "" O:\RecordedFiles"" ""/RecordedFiles""" "exit"    

Putting this inside black sync.cmd and running produces:
Connecting to 192.168.6.3 ...
Connected with 192.168.6.3. Waiting for welcome mess
Connected
Starting the session...
Reading remote directory...
Session started.
Active session: [1] login@192.168.6.3
echo            off
batch           continue
Comparing...
Local ' O:\RecordedFiles' <= Remote '/RecordedFiles'
Nothing to synchronize.    

Reply with quote

Advertisement

kvlt
Guest

Nothing to Synchronize

I am having the same issue as well. I don't want to hijack your thread, just providing more info in hopes we can both get a solution.

Running
WinSCP.exe /script=Sync.txt /log=scplog.txt
from a scheduled task I get a message in the log saying nothing to synchronize. But if I take that exact line and paste it in a cmd prompt it works without issue. I am on the same user as what I have the scheduled task set to run under.

My sync.txt file contains the following:
option batch on
option confirm off
open session
synchronize remote \\uncpath\syncdir /var/www/html/syncdir
close
exit

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Cmd-file: Nothing to synchronize.

Please attach a full log file showing the problem. Using the latest version of WinSCP.

To generate log file, use /log=path_to_log_file command-line argument. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Reply with quote

Guest

Re: Nothing to Synchronize

kvlt wrote:

I am having the same issue as well. I don't want to hijack your thread, just providing more info in hopes we can both get a solution.

Running
WinSCP.exe /script=Sync.txt /log=scplog.txt
from a scheduled task I get a message in the log saying nothing to synchronize. But if I take that exact line and paste it in a cmd prompt it works without issue. I am on the same user as what I have the scheduled task set to run under.

My sync.txt file contains the following:
option batch on
option confirm off
open session
synchronize remote \\uncpath\syncdir /var/www/html/syncdir
close
exit

I have exactly same issue except I am connecting to a sftp server. Is there any solution. Thanks

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Nothing to Synchronize

Anonymous wrote:

I have exactly same issue except I am connecting to a sftp server. Is there any solution. Thanks
The solution for kvlt was that he was running the script in scheduler and the scheduler's system account did not have an access to the local folder.
If you use the most recent version of WinSCP, it triggers an error in such case. Older versions did not.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Guest

Re: Nothing to Synchronize

martin wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

I have exactly same issue except I am connecting to a sftp server. Is there any solution. Thanks
The solution for kvlt was that he was running the script in scheduler and the scheduler's system account did not have an access to the local folder.
If you use the most recent version of WinSCP, it triggers an error in such case. Older versions did not.

Thank you so much. I just realized the account privilege issue. Everything works fine now. WinSCP is fantastic. Thanks.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum