Topic "umask 002 and setting file permissions"

squadette
[View user's profile]

good day,

my users upload files using FAR plugin. Files have permissions of 664, and shared group ("publishers").

I specify "Set permissions" in WinSCP preferences, and tell it to set rw-rw-r--.

Suppose alice uploads a file, and it gets owner alice/publishers, with permissions of 0664.

Then bob tries to overwrite a file. When plugin tries to set permissions, it gets an error from server: "Permission denied". That is expected, because file belongs to alice.

WinSCP configuration has a checkbox "Ignore errors (for advanced users)". It seems like far plugin ignores that checkbox.

I think that this is a misfeature, and it needs to be fixed.

Either honour the "ignore errors", or do not set permissions if they are already set as needed.

Also, it could be possible to upload files via temporary files and renaming.

Thanks for a great software!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
squadette wrote:
WinSCP configuration has a checkbox "Ignore errors (for advanced users)". It seems like far plugin ignores that checkbox.

The option is not implemented in the plugin yet.

Quote:
Also, it could be possible to upload files via temporary files and renaming.

This is done for large files (to allow resume). You may force this for all files in configuration.

Quote:
The option is not implemented in the plugin yet.

I think that implementation of this is no more than one hour of your time. Will $15 be enough to compensate this?

Quote:
This is done for large files (to allow resume). You may force this for all files in configuration.

The only thing close to this description is "Enable transfer resume", but it does not help me. What exactly do you mean?

Thank you!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
squadette wrote:
I think that implementation of this is no more than one hour of your time. Will $15 be enough to compensate this?

Do not worry, I'll add the feature. However you are always welcome to make a donation Smile

Quote:
Quote:

The only thing close to this description is "Enable transfer resume", but it does not help me. What exactly do you mean?

I've meant it only as a workaround. When "Enable transfer resume" is on for all files, thay are first uploaded to temporary file, which is renamed to target filename once upload is finished.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License