Topic "Auto download and delete."

koheleth
[View user's profile]

Probably been asked for but to be able to auto connect and download files like backups and then delete off server would certainly make me open my wallet and make a healthy donation. Seems auto ftp manager have the monopoly at the moment. Would rather buy or donate here. Thanks for WinSCP.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
What is it specifically, that you cannot do with WinSCP scripting?
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_automation

Thanks, will look at the docs, guess I rely too much on point & click.
cutietheduck

I have searched for an area to change the delete order on a connection. Is it possible to delete as we download? For instance, if 20 files reside on a server, can we get a file, delete a file, get a file, delete a file?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
cutietheduck wrote:
I have searched for an area to change the delete order on a connection. Is it possible to delete as we download? For instance, if 20 files reside on a server, can we get a file, delete a file, get a file, delete a file?

Sorry, I do not understand. Can you try again with more details please?

I don't know what's difficult to understand in the line you quoted. It explains the required flow rather clearly. The task involves "mget *.ext", with deleting file on server after it's successfully retrieved, one by one. I appear to also need a tool that accomplishes such task.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
gry wrote:
I don't know what's difficult to understand in the line you quoted. It explains the required flow rather clearly. The task involves "mget *.ext", with deleting file on server after it's successfully retrieved, one by one. I appear to also need a tool that accomplishes such task.

But what he asks for it exactly what get -delete does.
As he asked for "change the delete order" it seems that he looks for a different operation ordering.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License