WinScp Timeout Error - 5.1.5 using .net client

Advertisement

mostafa.asaduzzaman@cargo
Guest

WinScp Timeout Error - 5.1.5 using .net client

Receive the following error when I try to connect via .Net client.

Exception message: Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond - Log file C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\wscp17A8.01E4013B.tmp was not created in time, please make sure WinSCP has write permissions to the folder
at WinSCP.Session.CheckForTimeout(String additional)
at WinSCP.Session.Open(SessionOptions sessionOptions)

Reply with quote

Advertisement

CASAMostafa
Joined:
Posts:
9

WinScp Timeout Error - 5.1.5 using .net client

Please reply my question as I am stuck at that point of error message and my web page gets hanged after giving the error message.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: WinScp Timeout Error - 5.1.5 using .net client

Ok, does your process have a write access to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ ?
Can you attach a complete debug log path (set Session.DebugLogPath) using WinSCP 5.2.1 beta?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

CASAMostafa
Joined:
Posts:
9

Re: WinScp Timeout Error - 5.1.5 using .net client

martin wrote:

Ok, does your process have a write access to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ ?
Can you attach a complete debug log path (set Session.DebugLogPath) using WinSCP 5.2.1 beta?

How to provide write access to the process for the folder in Windows?


Regards,
Mostafa

Reply with quote

CASAMostafa
Joined:
Posts:
9

Hi prikryl,
I have identified the IIS (6.0) process w3wp.exe is failing to write/create file in the temporary folder on the windows server. As I ran from my development machine there was no issue. The NETWORK SERVICE user has the right permission for the process. I don't know what else need to be done.

Please suggest me in this regard.

Thanks,
Mostafa

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

CASAMostafa wrote:

I have identified the IIS (6.0) process w3wp.exe is failing to write/create file in the temporary folder on the windows server. As I ran from my development machine there was no issue. The NETWORK SERVICE user has the right permission for the process. I don't know what else need to be done.
Sorry, I have no experience with IIS and this is really out of scope of this forum. Try asking on sftp://superuser.com. If you do, please share link to your question here.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

CASAMostafa
Joined:
Posts:
9

WinSCP with .net code is working with IIS

I have finally been able to run .net code for winscp access to the ftp server.
Typical uses of Winscp is to write a confirg file to the ftp folder.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: WinSCP with .net code is working with IIS

CASAMostafa wrote:

I have finally been able to run .net code for winscp access to the ftp server.
What did you do to fix it? Please share it with us.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

CASAMostafa
Joined:
Posts:
9

Re: WinSCP with .net code is working with IIS

martin wrote:

CASAMostafa wrote:

I have finally been able to run .net code for winscp access to the ftp server.
What did you do to fix it? Please share it with us.
The identified problem was account mismatch between by which winscp was running and IIS pool identity account. Winscp was not picking up the pool account (Network Service) rather running with Local System account. After changing the pool identity account to Local System, it worked fine.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,252
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: WinSCP with .net code is working with IIS

CASAMostafa wrote:

The identified problem was account mismatch between by which winscp was running and IIS pool identity account. Winscp was not picking up the pool account (Network Service) rather running with Local System account. After changing the pool identity account to Local System, it worked fine.
Thanks for sharing this.

There's FAQ covering these kind of issues:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_scheduler
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Karthik
Guest

Timeout waiting for WinSCP to respond

I tried the above given solution but still the issue has not been resolved.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum