Topic "Beginner needs help making simple script to copy via SFTP"

danbrown1888
[View user's profile]

Hello scripting experts! I'm new to scripting and found this excellent tool today. I've been asked to automate the copying of two files from an SFTP site. I read through the documentation but the syntax is throwing me off a bit. Here is what I have so far:

winscp.com /command "option batch abort" "option confirm off" "open securesite.net" "get examplefile.txt" "exit"

Close but not quite. I also need to pass credentials to authenticate then I need to make sure the files are copied to a specific directory. Could anyone fill in the blanks for me?
Advertisements
danbrown1888
[View user's profile]

Figured it out, here is what I did:

.bat file set as scheduled task to call powershell.exe c:\scripts\script.ps1

try
{
# Load WinSCP .NET assembly
[Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFrom("C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.dll") | Out-Null

# Setup session options
$sessionOptions = New-Object WinSCP.SessionOptions
$sessionOptions.Protocol = [WinSCP.Protocol]::Sftp
$sessionOptions.HostName = "ADDRESS.net"
$sessionOptions.UserName = "USERNAME"
$sessionOptions.Password = "PASSWORD"
$sessionOptions.SshHostKeyFingerprint = "ssh-rsa 1024 XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX etc"

$session = New-Object WinSCP.Session

try
{
# Connect
$session.Open($sessionOptions)

$localPath = "C:\PATH"
$remotePath = "/Inbox/"
$file = "FILE.bin"

# Format timestamp
$stamp = $(Get-Date -f "yyyyMMddHHmmss")

# Download the file and throw on any error
$session.GetFiles(
($remotePath + $file),
($localPath + $stamp + "." + $file)).Check()
}
finally
{
# Disconnect, clean up
$session.Dispose()
}

exit 0
}
catch [Exception]
{
Write-Host $_.Exception.Message
exit 1
}
umcans
[View user's profile]

Good afternoon all, I am a Beginner on making scripts to copy via SFTP, i found this article with an explanation on what i need, sorry for my unawareness on this kind of process. It is possible for you to help me and clarify a little be more on how i can create a simple script that allow me to connect as an automatic task using a batch file that can do the following task>

* Open the WinSCP on a specific date and time
* Select one of the SFTP accounts that i have configure on my WinSCP client (WinSCP.exe)
example (username@hostname)
* Authenticate the user account (username@hostname) and password (*********)
* Select a specific path where the files are upload it (this folder is encrypted by the connection key that we create to setup the connection -xxxxpriv.ppk-)
C:\ftproot\folder\Live\in
* Copy the files on this location and save it in to a different local path on the server
C:\Users\username\Desktop\Temp
* Save a log of what files was copied and the time that this task was executed
* Disconnect of the running session

More and less this is what i need and i see on the structure of the script that you refer on your message but as i said before it is not clear for me because i`m not familiar with this process.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.
Best regards,

Angel
martin◆
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
umcans wrote:
Good afternoon all, I am a Beginner on making scripts to copy via SFTP, i found this article with an explanation on what i need, sorry for my unawareness on this kind of process. It is possible for you to help me and clarify a little be more on how i can create a simple script that allow me to connect as an automatic task using a batch file that can do the following task>

We do not provide script writing service here. Please try yourself and ask specific questions on problems you encounter.

martin wrote:
umcans wrote:

We do not provide script writing service here. Please try yourself and ask specific questions on problems you encounter.

Hi, thanks for your advice, i was able to complete the Script and i was trying to get help from the experts on the software or any recommendation.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License