Topic "Failure in starting session"

Hi,
I have tried all sorts of options to get a working session using winscp with no success which is strange, others don't seem to have this problem.

I have no problem having a working putty session. When I use winscp for same host, the login is successful but then attempt to start the session fails and times out after 15 seconds saying that there was no response from the host.
Any help is appreciated
Regards
Dariush
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
I have no problem having a working putty session. When I use winscp for same host, the login is successful but then attempt to start the session fails and times out after 15 seconds saying that there was no response from the host.
Any help is appreciated
Regards

Please post a log file. Also, does it help if you wait another 15 seconds (or more)?

Thank you very much for the info.
I ad not looked at the log. As soon as I looked at it, I knew what had gone wrong. My schell was expecting a CR <Hit Return> after login process and I suppose winscp was waiting for that for the session to start. I removed that part from the shell and the session started ok.
Thanks again.
Dariush
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License