Topic "WinSCP 5.1.1 - Exception window "Abnormal Termination""

DD

I developed a .NET application that performs file transfer (SFTP) by running winscp.com in the background using .NET System.diagnostics.process library. Somehow, at random time, WinSCP threw an exception window's message box saying "Abnormal Termination". After this happened, the Windows OS became abnormal like can't open notepad, task manager, services, process explorer, or even WinSCP.exe (same exception). I was still able to open window explorer normally. The only thing to get this thing back to normal is to log off windows and log on again. Please help how to solve this issue. thanks a lot..
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Can you reproduce this with the latest version?

Hi Prikryl, as per your recommendation, I will use the latest version which is 5.1.5 and see if things are still persisted or not. Meanwhile, do you have any information on any possibilities that causing that error?
I have attached some logging from winscp. Thank's a lot.
prikryl wrote:
Can you reproduce this with the latest version?
excalibur
[View user's profile]

Hi, The issue still persisted using latest WinSCP 5.17. I have enabled "DEBUG2" Logging in WinSCP.exe but somehow, when "abnormal termination" popup showed, nothing was written in the log file.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
excalibur wrote:
Hi, The issue still persisted using latest WinSCP 5.17. I have enabled "DEBUG2" Logging in WinSCP.exe but somehow, when "abnormal termination" popup showed, nothing was written in the log file.

Are you able to reproduce the problem with WinSCP 5.2.3 beta?

I'm afraid it can't be done because our policy doesn't allow beta app to be implemented into production environment. thank you..

prikryl wrote:
excalibur wrote:

Are you able to reproduce the problem with WinSCP 5.2.3 beta?
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License