Topic "command line with password"

k_zeon

not sure if this is a bug or problem, but.
I have created a basic app to transfer 1 text file to a device.Part of bigger program.
It is all working well and have it so i get the stdIO from my app and display info
in a text box. I can see all current info in my app.

I have also added error checking ie, no file exists, no destination folder exists, wrong password for a device.

However, i have my password which is 11 characters. it authenticates and transfers the file
if i delete 3 characters from password and try again, it still works. !!!
Also if i add other characters on the end it still works. !!!

I also ran the WinSCP.EXE program to test as well.
I enter my 11 digit password and as expected it works, however
if i now delete the last 3 charters and login , all works and WinSCP.exe opens up
ready to work.

If i delete the 4 characters from my 11 digit password, then it fails.

Is this a bug any difference in password should fail.

pls advise

P.S love the program and use it all the time, hence writing a program that i need
to SFTP a file
Advertisements
k_zeon

Just to make it clear, my app uses WinSCP.com with commandline to transfer 1 file.
Password does not work as it should, as stated above
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Possibly you have pageant running with private key loaded, so that the password is not used at all.

It's difficult to provide any help without seeing a log file.

prikryl wrote:
Possibly you have pageant running with private key loaded, so that the password is not used at all.

It's difficult to provide any help without seeing a log file.

hi, thanks for replying
dont know what pageant is. In my VB6 app , i just shell a command line to transfer a file

"D:\Program Files\WinSCP\WinSCP.com /command ""option batch off"" ""option confirm off"" ""open sftp://" & User & ":" & Password & "@" & IPAddress & """ ""cd " & Chr(34) & CDFolder & Chr(34) & """ ""put " & Chr(34) & FiletoTransfer & Chr(34) & " " & Chr(34) & DestFolder & Chr(34) & """ ""Exit"""

if i alter the password on last 3 digits of 11 digit pass then transfer completes.
If i alter 4 then fails

I also ran WinSCP.exe and have my details save without password. (previously have entered and ran)
I then doubleclick the enty in WinSCP.exe and it asks me for password, if i only ater 8 digits of my password
then it opens up and shows me the directory. I can also add any other digits to the end of 8 digits and it still works

Running on Win7 , WinSCP 5.1.5

Not a major prob as its just for my own use

thanks
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Again, please attach a complete session log file for all scenarios (with description for each log).

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License