Topic "File overwrite prompt every time despite "Yes To All" option"

oliverfr
[View user's profile]

Hello !

This is a bug report, I'm using the portable version of WinSCP 5.2.3 build 3436.

When I select a group of files in the windows explorer and drag and drop them into a remote folder in the WinSCP window, if these are files that are already present, I am prompted, most logically, with a dialogue asking if I want to overwrite the first file.

However, even if I choose "Yes to All", for every following file already present, I will be asked, again and again, if I want the remote file to be overwritten by the local file.

So, the "to All" option isn't taken into account.

I'm attaching a screenshot, for clarity.

Well, that's it. Thanks for the renewed efforts with that great program Smile
2.jpg (29.96 KB)

Description: (none)

2.jpg

Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your report. I was not able to reproduce your problem.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.
Site Admin
You seem to have enabled option Transfer each file individually. That effectively creates a set of unrelated transfer batches running in parallel. The option Yes to All has validity for the batch only. It does not affect the other batches.
oliverfr
[View user's profile]

Aaah, I had overlooked that option ! I must have ticked it in the early stages of discovering the program, not knowing what it was.
(Well, to be frank even after reading https://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11105 that remains a bit cloudy in my eyes and I feel it ought to be overruled by the fresher request to not be asked for confirmations), but, well, case closed.

Thanks for solving the issue Smile
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License