Topic "aes cipher support"

loquin

Does WinSCP support aes128-ctr, and/or aes192-ctr, and/or aes256-ctr?

Beginning Nov 30, 2013, my company has a requirement to support these ciphers in our SFTP uploads to a government site.

Thanks

Lou
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
WinSCP supports all of them.
Kronzky

So, I guess this list is outdated then (https://winscp.net/eng/docs/tls_ciphersuites)?
(As it doesn't show any of the CTR ciphers.)
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Cipher suite and cipher is not the same thing. Moreover the list is about TLS/SSL, not SSH (for which *-ctr is used)
DeepBlueDiver

Can you tell me from what version of WinSCP these are supported, we are on 4.0.7 connecting to a sun server with only these cyphers enabled and we cannot connect getting the error "couldn't agree a client-to-server cipher (available: aes128-ctr, aes192-ctr, aes256-ctr)"

Your help would be much appreciated.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
DeepBlueDiver wrote:
Can you tell me from what version of WinSCP these are supported, we are on 4.0.7 connecting to a sun server with only these cyphers enabled and we cannot connect getting the error "couldn't agree a client-to-server cipher (available: aes128-ctr, aes192-ctr, aes256-ctr)"

Your help would be much appreciated.

4.0.7 is the last version that does not support these ciphers. They got introduced in 4.1. Anyway, always use the latest version.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License