Directory 'D:' doesn't exist

Advertisement

ManChicken
Joined:
Posts:
9
Location:
Chicago, IL

Directory 'D:' doesn't exist

Hey. I had to reimage my machine, and somehow I ended up without a C drive. I have an F drive now. I'm guessing that this is my problem. I've tried 3.6.1 and the previous version, and they both gave me the same problem. The error message is below...

Directory 'D:' doesn't exist.

Then WinSCP closes. I ran it again and got the same results. When I tried a third time, I get "EAccessViolation"

WinSCP worked fine on my computer before the rebuild. I love the application and would really like to have it working again.

When I put a CD in the D drive it works fine.

I'm running WinXP pro. As I said I have no C drive, but my primary partition is F. Running WinSCP 3.6.1. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,658
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Directory 'D:' doesn't exist

I've spent whole last weekend trying to find a reason for this known problem. I was not successful. In attempts to repartition my HDD and to install Windows on different drives than C:, I ended with destroyed partition table. So I gave up :-(

I have prepared debug version of WinSCP.
If you want to help me, download it. It contains WinSCP3.exe and WinSCP3.bat. You need to run it using the .bat file. But first edit it so that following line points to path where you can write to
set WINSCPTRACE=f:\winscptrace.log
After you run the .bat file, make WinSCP fail. Then post the generated log file or send it by email to me.
Thanks.

Reply with quote

ManChicken
Joined:
Posts:
9
Location:
Chicago, IL

Re: Directory 'D:' doesn't exist

martin wrote:

I've spent whole last weekend trying to find a reason for this known problem. I was not successful. In attempts to repartition my HDD and to install Windows on different drives than C:, I ended with destroyed partition table. So I gave up :-(

I have prepared debug version of WinSCP.
If you want to help me, download it. It contains WinSCP3.exe and WinSCP3.bat. You need to run it using the .bat file. But first edit it so that following line points to path where you can write to
set WINSCPTRACE=f:\winscptrace.log
After you run the .bat file, make WinSCP fail. Then post the generated log file or send it by email to me.
Thanks.
Due to my **EXTREME** frustration with FileZilla, I will most definately do everything to help you debug this application.

Reply with quote E-mail

ManChicken
Joined:
Posts:
9
Location:
Chicago, IL

Okay, I've run the app three times on this log that I'm posting. First time was with a CD in the drive. Second and third times was without a disc in D:. I put 2 markers in your log file to help you differentiate between with and without a disc in D:. They look like ############### with disc in D: or something like that. At no time did it crash, but the second two times it exited after it notified me there was no disc in D:. Thanks for your help. I'm hoping you can get me away from FileZilla. I'll email you the log file as I am unable to figure out how to post it on the forums.

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,658
Location:
Prague, Czechia

The problem is hopefully fixed already. The fix will be part of the next release.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

ManChicken
Joined:
Posts:
9
Location:
Chicago, IL

martin wrote:

The problem is hopefully fixed already. The fix will be part of the next release.
The beta version you sent me works like a charm. THANK YOU for rescuing me from the horrors of FileZilla. I enjoy the symlink support of WinSCP, and I'm glad to have it back :D

Reply with quote E-mail

Guest

ManChicken wrote:


The beta version you sent me works like a charm. THANK YOU for rescuing me from the horrors of FileZilla. I enjoy the symlink support of WinSCP, and I'm glad to have it back :D

Hi:

I have the same `D does not exist problem`. would you please send me the beta version to email: "prem007 at hot mail . com" [ignore space in the email id]

Thankyou,
Prem

Reply with quote

Guest

Anonymous wrote:

ManChicken wrote:


The beta version you sent me works like a charm. THANK YOU for rescuing me from the horrors of FileZilla. I enjoy the symlink support of WinSCP, and I'm glad to have it back :D

Hi:

I have the same `D does not exist problem`. would you please send me the beta version to email: "prem007 at hot mail . com" [ignore space in the email id]

Thankyou,
Prem

I also have the same problem. Is there somewhere on SourceForge where I can download the beta version that fixes this?

Thanks,
Nick

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,658
Location:
Prague, Czechia

You may get the version from
<invalid link removed>

Reply with quote

ManChicken
Joined:
Posts:
9
Location:
Chicago, IL

martin wrote:

You may get the version from
<invalid link removed>
Hey Martin. This version doesn't seem to like drag-and-drop for remote files much. Is there anything I can do to change that?

##EDITED##
I figured out how to use the temporary folder D&D functionality.

Reply with quote E-mail

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,658
Location:
Prague, Czechia

ManChicken wrote:

Hey Martin. This version doesn't seem to like drag-and-drop for remote files much. Is there anything I can do to change that?

##EDITED##
I figured out how to use the temporary folder D&D functionality.
What kind of problems did you have?
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

ManChicken
Joined:
Posts:
9
Location:
Chicago, IL

martin wrote:

ManChicken wrote:

Hey Martin. This version doesn't seem to like drag-and-drop for remote files much. Is there anything I can do to change that?

##EDITED##
I figured out how to use the temporary folder D&D functionality.
What kind of problems did you have?
I think a large part of my problem is that I'm didn't simply replace the exe. I uninstalled winscp and am now running straight off of the .exe without a real install.

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
28,658
Location:
Prague, Czechia

ManChicken wrote:

I think a large part of my problem is that I'm didn't simply replace the exe. I uninstalled winscp and am now running straight off of the .exe without a real install.
That's it. If you have used WinSCP drag&drop shell extension, it was uninstalled and new version cannot find it.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

ManChicken
Joined:
Posts:
9
Location:
Chicago, IL

martin wrote:

ManChicken wrote:

I think a large part of my problem is that I'm didn't simply replace the exe. I uninstalled winscp and am now running straight off of the .exe without a real install.
That's it. If you have used WinSCP drag&drop shell extension, it was uninstalled and new version cannot find it.
Yeah. The option where we copy to a temp directory for D&D works just fine.

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum