Syncing passwords with other machines - hit a snag

Advertisement

ashembers
Joined:
Posts:
4

Syncing passwords with other machines - hit a snag

Hello and thanks for a truly fine piece of work!

At my company, I add new remote clients every so often to our server and have a batch file that copies Winscp3.ini off to my coworkers machines to that they may tap into our remote clients areas and work with them as soon as I am set up & run the batch file. It all works nicely.

I run into a problem when I want to copy the ini file to a laptop. For a laptop to work, I have to 'massage' the winscp3.ini file, and change the hostname & port from something accessible behind our firewall (e.g., host port 21) to a hostname and port accessible from the internet (e.g., host.domain.com port 22). But when I do this, and copy the ini file to a laptop, I lose all my saved passwords. Everything else transfers fine, but how may we convert the passwords properly so that this may be automated?

Thanks,
Ash

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,048
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Syncing passwords with other machines - hit a snag

You may load the session on source computer, change the username/hostname and save the session back (under different name). Only after this transfer your INI file.

Reply with quote

ashembers
Joined:
Posts:
4

Re: Syncing passwords with other machines - hit a snag

martin wrote:

You may load the session on source computer, change the username/hostname and save the session back (under different name). Only after this transfer your INI file.

I forgot to mention - that idea worked very well. Seems simple enough - I could have thought of that - given some extra time and a beer or two!

Thanks for your help!
Ash

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum