Monospace font for 'server prompt' window?

Advertisement

Guest

Monospace font for 'server prompt' window?

Hi,

Some server I want to connect to use a ASCII-based CAPTCHA https://github.com/jordansissel/pam_captcha. This works fine with tools like ssh and PuTTY. However WinSCP uses a non-monospace font which screws up the CAPTHA. Is it possible to use a monospace font in the 'server prompt' window to fix this? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Jeroen

Description: putty versus winscp

winscp-captcha.png

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
43,040
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Monospace font for 'server prompt' window?

I would not like to make monospace font default. But it can be optional. Or WinSCP can try to autodetect need to use monospace font somehow.

Any chance of getting a test account on your server?

Reply with quote

Guest

Re: Monospace font for 'server prompt' window?

martin wrote:

I would not like to make monospace font default. But it can be optional. Or WinSCP can try to autodetect need to use monospace font somehow.
All sound good to me...

martin wrote:

Any chance of getting a test account on your server?
Unfortunately access to a production server is not possible. Setup on Ubuntu, on a root prompt:
wget <invalid hyperlink removed by admin>
cd /opt
tar xfz /tmp/pam_captcha-1.5.tar.gz
apt-get install libpam0g-dev
apt-get install figlet
make
cp  pam_captcha.so /lib/security/.
vim /etc/pam.d/sshd
--> add first line
auth       requisite     pam_captcha.so    math dda randomstring
vim /etc/ssh/sshd_config
--> add / unremark
PasswordAuthentication no
 
ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes
If this is not working for you, please let me know and I'll setup a test VM.

Cheers,
Jeroen

Reply with quote

martin◆
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Monospace font for 'server prompt' window?

Anonymous wrote:

If this is not working for you, please let me know and I'll setup a test VM.
That would be great!

Reply with quote

Inuya5ha
Joined:
Posts:
4
Location:
Argentina

Now that we are on the fonts topic, the Enter Command text box from the Console window should use a monospace font as well, just like the log window which is now using Lucida Console.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

ADTC
Joined:
Posts:
18

Workaround

Until this feature is added, a simple workaround would be to copy the text to Notepad or something monospaced :) Assuming that you can actually copy it from the WinSCP window, of course.

Reply with quote

g.synedra
Guest

I second that monospaced font should be used in the server prompt.

We use figlet inside our banners and those get mixed up as well.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

Guest

omg... Many apologies! I don't understand how I misread this and misunderstood prompt for banner. Must have been tunnel vision as I was missing a monospaced font for the banner and I only saw what I wanted to see.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum