Topic "Visual improvement suggestion for a prompt dialog"

oliverfr
[View user's profile]

Hello,

I thought all was fine, and this morning, twice, I found myself interrupting an existing transfer, and relaunching it again, because I realized I wasn't sure about what I had chosen.
Looked like a field for easy improvement Smile

So, I humbly submit this improvement suggestion, rather than writing a wall of text, I used photoshop. Merry holidays to everyone, while I'm here ! Smile

Last edited by oliverfr on 2013-12-23 12:01; edited 1 time in total
3-cooler.jpg (60.04 KB) [Download]

Description: In my eyes, that kind of menu would make much more sense, it doesn't ask the brain to work as hard, and "goes with the flow" of intuition and common sense.

1-uncool.jpg (72.79 KB) [Download]

Description: the current dialog. Confusing, counter-intuitive. Important information stacked in odd places.

Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Microsoft Dialog Boxes guidelines suggest that generic Yes/No button should be used, if you want user to read the question carefully (e.g. to avoid him loosing data). With this question, it not easy to decide if it is the case or not. I'll think about it.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn742499.aspx
oliverfr
[View user's profile]

Just saw the new dialogue in the 5.5.0 version : GREAT JOB ! Smile
oliverfr
[View user's profile]

Hmm, replying to myself, to bump the thread. I just saw there was a very important option/action combo missing.
Option : comparing remote and local files by size. Identical size, or not.
Action : skip, resume or overwrite.

As things are, if we had to turn our PC in the middle of a HUGE series of uploads, and want to resume the day after, we can't re- drag and drop everything to the remote server, and simply tell the program "look at the file sizes, skip what's already complete, overwrite what's incomplete, and proceed with the rest".
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
oliverfr wrote:
Hmm, replying to myself, to bump the thread. I just saw there was a very important option/action combo missing.
Option : comparing remote and local files by size. Identical size, or not.
Action : skip, resume or overwrite.

As things are, if we had to turn our PC in the middle of a HUGE series of uploads, and want to resume the day after, we can't re- drag and drop everything to the remote server, and simply tell the program "look at the file sizes, skip what's already complete, overwrite what's incomplete, and proceed with the rest".

That's very specific request that would not have widespread use. Moreover you can achieve this using synchronization.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License