Spaces in filenames...

Advertisement

Floatingshed

Spaces in filenames...

Hello,

I need to occasionally delete a remote file so I've written a simple gui that inserts the filename into a command line and executes it. This is my command line:

"c:\Program Files\winscp\winscp.com" /command "option batch abort" "option confirm off" "open ftp://password:username@server.com" "rm /Temp/File_to_delete.plp" "exit"

It works fine unless the filename has any spaces in it. In that case I get a file not found error, normally this is fixed by putting the whole filename and path in quotes, but it already is!

Any help much appreciated.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Spaces in filenames...

See
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/commandline#syntax

I.e. the correct syntax is:

"c:\Program Files\winscp\winscp.com" /command "option batch abort" "option confirm off" "open ftp://password:username@server.com" "rm ""/Temp/File_to_delete.plp""" "exit"

Bob Whitehurst

Anyone using c# to try to download a remote file with spaces in the name?

I'm calling the session.GetFiles() method from c#. The first parameter is remotePath which can be a path or a file. If a path, you download all the files in the path. If a file, you download the file. I created a "New Text Document.txt" file and copied it into my remote ftp directory under path yK and then tried to download it. I get => "Can't get attributes of file '/yk/New Text Document.txt. Could not retrieve file information. Invalid number of arguments MLST /yk/New Text Document.txt". Then I renamed the remote file to NewTextDocument.txt and it downloaded just fine. Has anyone overcome this obstacle?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Anyone using c# to try to download a remote file with spaces in the name?

Bob Whitehurst wrote:

I'm calling the session.GetFiles() method from c#. The first parameter is remotePath which can be a path or a file. If a path, you download all the files in the path. If a file, you download the file. I created a "New Text Document.txt" file and copied it into my remote ftp directory under path yK and then tried to download it. I get => "Can't get attributes of file '/yk/New Text Document.txt. Could not retrieve file information. Invalid number of arguments MLST /yk/New Text Document.txt". Then I renamed the remote file to NewTextDocument.txt and it downloaded just fine. Has anyone overcome this obstacle?
Looks like a bug in your FTP server. What FTP server are you using?

Advertisement

Bob Whitehurst

Re: Anyone using c# to try to download a remote file with spaces in the name?

It's a customer's ftp server. I'll ask them what type of ftp server they are using. In the meantime, I worked around the problem by using the TransferOptions FileMask feature.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum