Topic "Administrator rights for installer"

MartinPokorny

When I downloaded the installer for version 5.5.1 (build 3970) from https://winscp.net/download/winscp551setup.exe the installer could not update my application since WinSCP is installed in Program Files and only Admin is allowed to do it. Using Vista x64. I solved this by changing the security properties of the folder, however I suppose many users would appreciate if the installer uses the commonly known UAC dialog Smile
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
WinSCP installer pops up UAC prompt when run by admin user only. This is to allow non-admin users to run the installer (installing WinSCP to user folder).

Unfortunately, installer tool used by WinSCP (InnoSetup) does not support delayed UAC prompts that would be triggered only after user chooses installation folder writtable by admin only. I'll investigate if there some other solution.

You can always explicitly require running installer by admin. Right-click the installer file and select Run as administrator.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License