Topic "WinScp and Authy 2 Factor"

CodeGiver

Hello everyone. I have been trying to use WinScp to transfer files using scp on a server that is setup for 2 factor authentication using Authy. I was able to get this to work very easily on my OS X machine, but I would also like to have this setup on Windows with the convenience of a GUI. The issue is that I cannot find anywhere in the settings that would allow me to make these connection changes. Would this be possible?

https://github.com/authy/authy-ssh#user-content-scp-sftp-mosh-and-git-push-with-two-factor-authentication

Thanks a lot!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
It's not possible yet.

This request has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=1113

Hey there - first off, thanks so much for maintaining winscp, I love the tool.

Just wondering if there's any chance we'll see an update on the 2FA support for winscp?

Thanks!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Well, your vote is taken into account.
mreus
[View user's profile]

So I see you can access 2FA through base program. I'm assuming that it's still not accessible on the .net side?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
mreus wrote:
So I see you can access 2FA through base program.

Where do you see that? What exactly do you mean?
mreus
[View user's profile]

When I login as normal through the program, it asks for my password. After entering my password, it asks for the authentication code (in this case, that was the 2FA request). Once I've entered that, it grants me access. Works pretty well. There's just currently no means to supply that authentication code request within the .net process.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
mreus wrote:
When I login as normal through the program, it asks for my password. After entering my password, it asks for the authentication code (in this case, that was the 2FA request). Once I've entered that, it grants me access. Works pretty well. There's just currently no means to supply that authentication code request within the .net process.

OK, I understand now. No, it's really not possible.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License