Topic "Changing File Owner on Overwrite"

I'm uploading files to a webserverserver with winscp. Lokal computer is windows, remote debian.

Sometimes files change the owner to the account im connecting with when overwritten. This only happens with certain files. In this case it's an .sql file.
Most files (mostly *.php) keep the owner of the previous version of the remote file.

How can I disable/prevent that ownership-change from happening?

Also: A setting would be nice to automatically set the owner of new files to the same owner as the director im uploading it into.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please read documentation:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/resume#automatic

If that does not help, come back.

Here is a workaround : the admin can set up an automatic cron task that changes the file properties and owner every 5 minutes.

thanks prikryl.

I've disabled the "temporary files"-option and this should solve my problem.

Still, please consider copying the owner/rights of the original file to the temporary before deleting it.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
Still, please consider copying the owner/rights of the original file to the temporary before deleting it.

Rights are copied. And most users won't have permissions to change file ownership.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License