suddenly fail to start winscp

Advertisement

adnanrapid
Guest

suddenly fail to start winscp

i am using version 5.1.7, updated it today to 5.5.1, but same error still alive.(this error started before updating)

this is a production issue, my service uploads and gets files from ftp up to 2 or 3 times a day.
i encouter with error that says:

WinSCP process terminated with exit code 3 and output "", without responding (response log file C:\Windows\TEMP\wscp0D74.03C7E714.tmp was not created). This could indicate lack of write permissions to the log folder or problems starting WinSCP itself.

i just checked the permissions and it looks correct.
i tried to change the storage location in the tools window, but it seems like the program stuck on this particular windows temp folder.

Please assist, how to solve this issue.

Regards,
Adnan - Rapid Image.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,253
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: suddenly fail to start winscp

wile135 wrote:

I also have the same problem.Because the server has another system on it,so i can't rstart it.
Can i just upgrage WinSCP to 5.5.1??
No, it won't help.
While the fixed versions no longer gradually exhaust system resources, they cannot recover resources exhausted by previous buggy versions. So it's still necessary to restart affected machine to recover the system.
Quote from https://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=996#c19
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

naren54783
Joined:
Posts:
6
Location:
Narendra Patel

Re: suddenly fail to start winscp

martin wrote:

wile135 wrote:

I also have the same problem.Because the server has another system on it,so i can't rstart it.
Can i just upgrage WinSCP to 5.5.1??
No, it won't help.
While the fixed versions no longer gradually exhaust system resources, they cannot recover resources exhausted by previous buggy versions. So it's still necessary to restart affected machine to recover the system.
Quote from https://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=996#c19


Even simply restart resolve the issue and then why to upgrade WinSCP version?
Do we have any permanent solution for this issue?
if yes, then which version of winSCP we should use?

But we can't restart production servers each time this issue occurs.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,253
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: suddenly fail to start winscp

naren54783 wrote:

Even simply restart resolve the issue and then why to upgrade WinSCP version?
Do we have any permanent solution for this issue?
if yes, then which version of winSCP we should use?
The permanent solution is to upgrade (and restart). With newer versions of WinSCP, the error won't happen anymore. Always the latest version of WinSCP.

Reply with quote

PW
Joined:
Posts:
2

Re: suddenly fail to start winscp

martin wrote:

naren54783 wrote:

Even simply restart resolve the issue and then why to upgrade WinSCP version?
Do we have any permanent solution for this issue?
if yes, then which version of winSCP we should use?
The permanent solution is to upgrade (and restart). With newer versions of WinSCP, the error won't happen anymore. Always the latest version of WinSCP.

Hi. This is unfortunately not correct. I restarted the server after update WinSCP to 576 (approximately at the time of your post 2015) and the problem did not disappeared.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,253
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: suddenly fail to start winscp

PW wrote:

Hi. This is unfortunately not correct. I restarted the server after update WinSCP to 576 (approximately at the time of your post 2015) and the problem did not disappeared.
Please attach a full debug log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP, not the 5.7.6).

To generate the debug log file, set Session.DebugLogPath. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Reply with quote

PW
Joined:
Posts:
2

Re: suddenly fail to start winscp

martin wrote:


Please attach a full debug log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP, not the 5.7.6).

To generate the debug log file, set Session.DebugLogPath. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Here is the debug log file.
  • WinSCP-debug_170115_0630_CLEAN.log (6.93 KB, Private file)

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
27,253
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: suddenly fail to start winscp

I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum