* my current WinSCP Version is 5.1.5 (Build 3261), but have had the same kind of problem w/ previous versions as well - apparently this is version independent
* my PC now runs Windows 7, 64Bit, but I've experienced the same problems earlier when I had Windows XP. A friend of mine downloads to a Mac PC w/o any problems
* the protocol which I use is SCP
* the setup is GUI, Explorer version
* the problem is, that download always stops after 476MB of downloaded data
* this happens independent from filesize - even in the middle of a file. Filesizes frequently being used are 7MB, 14MB, 35MB, or so. However, as soon as the total amount of 476MB is reached, the download stops and has to be started again manually. This is boring, as I often have to download two digit Gbyte amounts of data
* thinking about it I found out that 476*1024*1024 is 500,000,000 byte - so it looks as if being a specific (hopefully configurable) parameter - inside Windows ???
Looking forward if anyone can help me to nail it down. Many thx in advance ...