Topic "Upgrading to latest version of Winscp"

psharma
[View user's profile]

I want to upgrade my WinSCP version from 5.1.3 to the latest one.

If I do so, what happens to the handshaking of the keys; Do I need to redo again?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
No. All configuration is preserved.
See https://winscp.net/eng/docs/installation#upgrade

Hi,

All of our automated tasks use WinSCP version 3.82. But due to an automation that requires a passphrase, I need to use the latest version WinSCP 5.72. All of the scripts will be run in the same server so I installed the latest version on the same machine and upgrade it. I saw that the installation folder retains the winscp3 and updates some files only. Would it post a problem if both version will be used? The existing tasks call the winscp3.exe and the new one calls winscp.com.

Thanks.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
It's not a problem. Just use the winscp.com.
Jyl
[View user's profile]

prikryl wrote:
It's not a problem. Just use the winscp.com.

Thanks admin. All of the tasks run via Windows Task Scheduler so I want to make sure that the old/existing scripts that use winscp3.exe would still work (no need to update the script)? I know that this can be answered by testing the scripts in the task scheduler but I can't connect to the sessions due to some access restriction so I can't perform the test.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
You can rename the winscp.exe to winscp3.exe. But you should test it nevertheless. While we keep WinSCP as backward-compatible as possible, it's been quite a some time since 3.8.2 (9 years!).
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License