Topic "Corrupted files during SFTP synchronization"

mateusz.naskret

I have very strange problem with corrupted files during synchronization over SFTP. I have no idea how it is possible but after synchronization some files (I am sending only PHP files) are mixed - in updated file there is part of old file. Updated file has a correct file size and date - but in content there is one "segment" from old file.

Synchronization is done via scripting: synchronize command with switches: -mirror -delete -permissions=755

I am using WinSCP v. 5.1.4 on Windows XP machine.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Can you reproduce this easily or does it happen randomly?

I cannot reproduce it "on demand" but i have noticed that it happens only when there was no changes in source folder for a longer time (few days), so few days there was nothing to synchronize.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Can you enable logging and attach a log file for a respective session once the problem occurs?

I have upgraded WinSCP to latest version 3 weeks ago. From this time it didn't happen again. I will write again if it will occur again.
mateusz.naskret

I am writting again becouse problem is still not solved.

We are using now Winscp v.5.5.3 (build 4214).

There is a change in what i described before.

What is happening: file has repeated content at the end (see example in attachment).

When it is happening:
- we have a automatic job that executes:
Code:
put D:\GIO3\sip\css_sip\naglowek.inc  /incoming/htdocs/css_sip/naglowek.inc -resume  -permissions=755

- problem occures only in case when i edit a destination file so it has newer date than a source file (i am not sure if it matters but i am adding something to destination file and then removing it so the file content before and after my change is the same)

I am wondering how "resume" option is working ? Do i need it ? Anyway i think something is wrong.
naglowek.inc.corrupted.txt (16.49 KB) Private file

Description: Example of corrupted file - check repeated content at the end.

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
You do not want to use the -resume, unless you really want to resume a previously interrupted download, and you are sure that neither the source nor the destination file has changed since the interrupted transfer.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License