Topic "Can't open connection with desktop icon, but with stored ses"

kpw

Hello,

here are the facs:
Winscp version: 5.5.4 (Build 4433) Portable
Windows version: 8.1 Prof.
FTP-Server: Filezilla 0.9.45 (installed on local machine)
Protocol: ftp

The situation is:
I have configured a session to the local running ftp server (test environment). If I first start client, choose saved session everything works well, session will be established.

I have created a desktop shortcut for the session. If I try to connect via desktop icon I get a message saying
"Connection to host rejected. Server denied SFTP connection but is listening on ftp-port. Do you want to connect via ftp? You should use a crypted connection".

On filezilla console I get the following message:
(000049)02.07.2014 21:12:40 - (not logged in) (10.0.2.15)> Connected, sending welcome message...
(000049)02.07.2014 21:12:40 - (not logged in) (10.0.2.15)> 220-FileZilla Server version 0.9.45 beta
(000049)02.07.2014 21:12:40 - (not logged in) (10.0.2.15)> 220-written by Tim Kosse (tim.kosse@filezilla-project.org)
(000049)02.07.2014 21:12:40 - (not logged in) (10.0.2.15)> could not send reply, disconnected.

I don't use a proxy. I have configured fire wall, if fire wall was the problem I wouldn't be able to connect via client. Why does the desktop icon try to connect via sftp, I have configured ftp in the session? What can I do?

Thanks for your help und best regards

KPW
Advertisements
KPW

Well, I think it's a bug. You can make it work by exporting the configuration and using the /ini parameter. This workaround fits my requirements, maybe yours too.

Regards KPW
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
WinSCP instance started by the shortcut obviously does not use the same configuration as the instance you have used to save the site.
Can you enable logging and attach a complete log file both for session opened from GUI and from shortcut?

Hello,

thanks for reply. I've attached the files. You can see that start from gui has set Parameter /ini automatically, start from Icon doesn't. I created the icon with the gui function "create Desktop Icon" and failed. I only added Parameter /log for getting a log file.

Regards

KPW
StartFromGUI.txt (4.83 KB) Private file

Description: (none)

StartFromDesktopIcon.txt (3.24 KB) [Download]

Description: (none)

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
OK, so you have a desktop shortcut to start WinSCP with explicit /ini switch to make it use INI file in non-standard location, right?

There's request to make shortcuts to sessions use the same configuration as creating instance:
https://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=941

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License