Topic "Fail to open a connection"

EddieL
[View user's profile]

I am using the .NET library and I followed the exact same steps described in the code sample that is available here. Even though I use the correct parameters for the host name, user name, password, and SSH host key, the authentication fails and the connection is not open. Is there a way to troubleshoot this issue, eventually to find out what else is missing?

TIA,
Eddie
Advertisements
EddieL
[View user's profile]

EddieL wrote:
I am using the .NET library and I followed the exact same steps described in the code sample that is available here. Even though I use the correct parameters for the host name, user name, password, and SSH host key, the authentication fails and the connection is not open. Is there a way to troubleshoot this issue, eventually to find out what else is missing?

TIA,
Eddie

I must mention that the WinSCP client fails too. I get an access denied response. However, I can connect with the same credentials using a web client available over HTTPS that is exposed from the server.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Can you connect with any other SSH client?

prikryl wrote:
Can you connect with any other SSH client?

Yes, sorry, I should have announced here that I solved the problem. What happened is that my account was locked out because of my several attempts to login with a wrong user name/password combination. Once the account was fixed, I could connect without any issues.

Thanks for getting back to me.

All the best,
Eddie
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License