Bug: Displays of shortcuts in menus are very strange

Advertisement

Guest

Bug: Displays of shortcuts in menus are very strange

Hello.

Since the two last versions (3.6.5 Beta and the current 3.6.6), the shortcuts in the menus are not displayed correctly. For example, I see, in the "Files" menu:
"Edit (alternative) Clipboard does not support IconF4"
"Add/Edit Link... Text exceeds memo capacityF6"

Or, in the "Mark" menu:
"Select/Unselect Unable to insert a line"
"Select All Cannot open clipboardA"

This is very strange. I'm on a WinXP Pro, in French; and I can say that this bug wasn't there in version 3.6.1

Hope you'll succeed in fixing that.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
29,032
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Bug: Displays of shortcuts in menus are very strange

I have never seen this problem. Do you have any translation file installed? If you do, can you try to remove it?

I'll be off for one week now, so please do not expect answer soon.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Pablo
Guest

Re: Bug: Displays of shortcuts in menus are very strange

martin wrote:

I have never seen this problem. Do you have any translation file installed? If you do, can you try to remove it?

Yes, I had the same problem, the only way to ffix it was to delete the (Spanish) translation file from WinSCP installation directory.

What a pity, I liked having menus in my language :(

Reply with quote

Guest

Re: Bug: Displays of shortcuts in menus are very strange

martin wrote:

Do you have any translation file installed? If you do, can you try to remove it?
Hello.
I have no translation files installed, and I guess I had never installed one.
I always download this file "WinSCP x.x.x installation package (English only)".
If you want, I can provide you a link with screenshots of WinSCP with the menus opened.

Thanks for this app.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
29,032
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Bug: Displays of shortcuts in menus are very strange

I have no translation files installed, and I guess I had never installed one.
I always download this file "WinSCP x.x.x installation package (English only)".
Can you get the winscp3.exe file, put it to separate folder and run it from there? Let me know if it changes anything.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

Advertisement

JuJu
Translator
Joined:
Posts:
7
Location:
France

Hello.

Yes it has changed everything: the shortcuts were correctly displayed.
And I've just seen that I've got one translation file: the French one... This file is not up to date, thus I've deleted it, and obviously, everything works correctly now...

Sorry for this false bug.
_________________
Tchao, JuJu

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
29,032
Location:
Prague, Czechia

JuJu wrote:

Yes it has changed everything: the shortcuts were correctly displayed.
And I've just seen that I've got one translation file: the French one... This file is not up to date, thus I've deleted it, and obviously, everything works correctly now...
Do you have copy of the french file? I would like to try it by myself.
_________________
Martin Prikryl

Reply with quote

JuJu
Translator
Joined:
Posts:
7
Location:
France

Errrrrr yes I have, but I don't know how to give it to you. The file comes from the WinSCP 3.5.0 version.
If you want to get it, go to <invalid link removed> and download it.
The file is originally dated from Thursday, 15th January 2004, 09:53:02.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
29,032
Location:
Prague, Czechia

JuJu wrote:

Errrrrr yes I have, but I don't know how to give it to you. The file comes from the WinSCP 3.5.0 version.
If you want to get it, go to <invalid link removed> and download it.
The file is originally dated from Thursday, 15th January 2004, 09:53:02.
Thanks. Now I'm able to reproduce the problem. However fix won't be easy.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum