Topic "Temporary Folder path to include connection name"

I often edit the same file (path and name) on multiple servers comparing the differences. Currently I have to remember the order I opened them to know which file belongs to which server. In my editor, when I hover over the tab of the files being edited, it shows the path of the open file.
If the Temporary Folder path contained the connection name I could tell which server the file was from.
Thanks
cando
[View user's profile]

Feature currently available. See Options -> Preferences -> Storage -> Temporary Directory -> "Append session name to temporary path".

Anonymous wrote:
I often edit the same file (path and name) on multiple servers comparing the differences. Currently I have to remember the order I opened them to know which file belongs to which server. In my editor, when I hover over the tab of the files being edited, it shows the path of the open file.
If the Temporary Folder path contained the connection name I could tell which server the file was from.
Thanks
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
cando wrote:
Feature currently available. See Options -> Preferences -> Storage -> Temporary Directory -> "Append session name to temporary path".

Correct, see https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_storage
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License