Topic "Purpose of sychrnize button>"

Thomas Roberts

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the prupose of the synchronize button is? I clicked it thinking it was a refresh button and it seems to have wiped out some of my server files.

Thanks for any info..
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Synchronize button synchronizes content of local directory with remote one. If you have selected remote directory synchronization and checked "delete files" option, it caused remote files not existing in local directory to be removed.

To refresh content of directory, use "refresh" button.

OK thanks,

So does sychronize swap and then delete files? In other words, could the files on server have been moved to my local PC, and then deleted on server? If so I guess I could copy them back to server and try re booting server.

prikryl wrote:
Synchronize button synchronizes content of local directory with remote one. If you have selected remote directory synchronization and checked "delete files" option, it caused remote files not existing in local directory to be removed.

To refresh content of directory, use "refresh" button.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
So does sychronize swap and then delete files? In other words, could the files on server have been moved to my local PC, and then deleted on server? If so I guess I could copy them back to server and try re booting server.

Deleted files are not preserved anywhere by WinSCP Sad

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License