Topic "really need a way to extract .ISO files"

hi i need to know how ti uniso an iso file in winscp via sftp commands. so far i have rar , unrar, zip, unzip commands but no luck with iso files still. can you help me to sort this thing?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
You cannot extract ISO (or any other format) remotely using SFTP command.

If you are looking for a shell command (for call scripting command or custom command), see:
What is the fastest way to extract an ISO?

is that means as we do unrar using custom command in winscp via sftp, cant we do the same as uniso an iso file using a custom command? i also installed Altap Salamander still no luck on their uniso plugin too. it always saying "(123) the filenam, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect" . can you help me to solve this in any of both way either winscp or altap salamandar.

found a solution. if anyone need to uniso an iso use this custom command

Code:
7z  x "*"
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Anonymous wrote:
is that means as we do unrar using custom command in winscp via sftp, cant we do the same as uniso an iso file using a custom command?

Technically, the custom command do not use SFTP. It opens a shell session to execute the command on.
See https://winscp.net/eng/docs/shell_session
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License