Trouble uploading files to server / Connection aborted

Advertisement

d2o

Trouble uploading files to server / Connection aborted

Hi,

This question may be too common and the information I have may be too sparse, but I am out of ideas on what the problem may be.
One week ago, WinSCP did just fine with the exact same task of uploading a file to the server in question. I am not aware of any changes made to either the server or my PC that could cause the issue. I do not recall, if there was an automatic Windows update during that week though.

The problem: I cannot send files to my server, neither via FTP nor via SCP using WinSCP.
I tried the same task using FTP with TotalCommander and using SCP via Putty's PSCP. Both worked like charm. No special settings needed.
When using WinSCP whatever protocol, I run into a timeout (Host is not communicating for 15 seconds). I checked the server logs but found no information on a transfer failure.

Environment:
WinSCP 5.7 (5125)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
SCP and FTP protocol via GUI (Commander)

Any helpful information and hints on the cause or where to check for more information are most welcome.

Thanks,
Stefan

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Trouble uploading files to server / Connection aborted

Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP). A log of working upload from a comparable client would help too (note that PSCP is by default an SFTP client, despite its name).

To generate log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

d2o

Logs

I just did two sessions of which I attached the log files.

1. WinSCP: start, connect, upload, abort on timeout request, exit
2. PSCP: shell command to upload file (see log)

I am not sure, if the PSCP log is the best I can get of Putty. Did not see an option other than verbose output.
I also used WinSCP for navigation, download and deletion on the same host, which all worked fine (not in log of course).
I anonymized the log files, hopefully, I did not remove required information.

Thanks and all the best,
Stefan
  • pscp-upload.log (1.11 KB, Private file)
Description: PSCP Upload Session
  • winscp-upload.log (131.38 KB, Private file)
Description: WinSCP Upload Session

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Logs

Thanks for the logs.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum