Topic "problem with current location"

Author Message
nedmaier

Guest


Hallo.
The are 2 problem with current location cursor.
1. When you make switch "tab" between panels you don know where is cursor now until you start move it by keyboard or mouse
2. when your move current position by keyboard or mouse on ".." (going to up folder) its never shown as current stand when. its just disappear.

*these problems had not being in versions 2008-09 years.
-имени-1.gif (71.86 KB) [Download]

Description: (none)

Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24995
Location: Prague, Czechia
You should see a dotted rectangle around a focused file.
Do I understand right that you saw it in older versions of WinSCP?
Can you find out what version introduced the problem?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
nedmaier

Guest


prikryl wrote:
You should see a dotted rectangle around a focused file.

Its does not seeing.
prikryl wrote:
Do I understand right that you saw it in older versions of WinSCP?

Yes.
prikryl wrote:
Can you find out what version introduced the problem?

I can't replay it now. I set now old version.. in older version i don't see the current bar too. Maybe earlier i used another OS - winXP (now win7) i just don't remember. so i cant explain the problem.
In video totorial that you make for explain how to use winSCP - i see the dotted rectangle on '..' but i don't see in at new and old version.
SO i learn some cases where i can't see current bar position:
1. Always when you stand on '..' by keyboard(in all case - when you use tab - to another panel where default position right '..'. Or i use up\down button and when i reach '..' current bar - disappear.
2. when you press on '..' and come on upper level folder it dasn't show this folder as current. its become showing only when use arrow keys(up,down), but sometime its don't working when use up|down keys until you'll come end of file list.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24995
Location: Prague, Czechia
Do you see dotted "focus" rectangle on other lists?
Like this one:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_editor
(the rectangle not shown on the screenshot).

Do you see focus rectangles on controls? (like OK button on the screenshot)

Is it normal Windows 7 machine? Or VM? Or Remote desktop connection?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




prikryl wrote:
Do you see dotted "focus" rectangle on other lists?
Like this one:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_editor
(the rectangle not shown on the screenshot).

no. I don't see at any lists including "properties"

prikryl wrote:
Do you see focus rectangles on controls? (like OK button on the screenshot)

NO! i dont see its too. The focus is on the button but the dotted rectangle i don't see (i made screen for it)

prikryl wrote:
Is it normal Windows 7 machine? Or VM? Or Remote desktop connection?

Yes it is normal win7. No virtual Machine or remote.
screen.jpg (184.03 KB)

Description: (none)

screen.jpg

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24995
Location: Prague, Czechia
Thanks for your answer.
And do you see the rectangle in other applications or Windows dialogs (e.g. Run dialog)?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Nedmaier

Guest


prikryl wrote:
Thanks for your answer.
And do you see the rectangle in other applications or Windows dialogs (e.g. Run dialog)?

No. i checked it on any dialogs and don't see the dotted rectangle. I see the solid(simple) gray rectangle on inactive elements but its not that thing what we need.
Nedmaier

Guest


prikryl wrote:
Thanks for your answer.
And do you see the rectangle in other applications or Windows dialogs (e.g. Run dialog)?

I see the dotted rectangle only if a use the "Tab" button in browser (Firefox). (When i use it i moving by elements in browser and its marks like dotted rectangle)
Guest




prikryl wrote:
Thanks for your answer.
And do you see the rectangle in other applications or Windows dialogs (e.g. Run dialog)?

Like this.
screen.gif (108.76 KB) [Download]

Description: (none)

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24995
Location: Prague, Czechia
Well, you probably have some custom Windows theme that fails to render the focus rectangle. That's not WinSCP fault. Note the Firefox uses its own rendering, that's why it's not affected by the problem.
I suggest you use better, UI standards compliant, theme.
Or as a workaround, you can make WinSCP use Explorer-style selection not to allow the focus to be different than selection:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_commander
Nedmaier

Guest


prikryl wrote:
Well, you probably have some custom Windows theme that fails to render the focus rectangle. That's not WinSCP fault. Note the Firefox uses its own rendering, that's why it's not affected by the problem.
I suggest you use better, UI standards compliant, theme.
Or as a workaround, you can make WinSCP use Explorer-style selection not to allow the focus to be different than selection:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_commander

unfortunately its not useful for me. I use the keyboard at 90%. Maybe ".." as focus selection we can make another way with another selection like theme for winSCP?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24995
Location: Prague, Czechia
Nedmaier wrote:
unfortunately its not useful for me. I use the keyboard at 90%.

The option can be enabled for keyboard selection. That's the point.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License