I should work. Please tell me:
- what interface are you using (Norton Commander vs. Explorer)
- what version of WinSCP
3.6.7 on Win XP
- do I understand right that you are dragging within once instance of WinSCP from remote directory to another remote directory?
- where are you dragging from (file panel, tree)?
- where are you dragging to (file panel, tree, other instance of WinSCP)?
I'm dragging from the file panel to the tree within the same instance of WinSCP. When I drag, I see a small gray box icon, and then I get a dialog box that says "Move file 'myfile.txt'to remote directory". There is no option to copy. This behavior is the same, even if I hold down the Ctrl key.
- what mode of drag&drop are you using (see Drag&Drop tab of Preferences dialog)
Use shell extension is selected. The behavior is the same whether the "Allow remove moving from remote directory to other applications" is checked.
Reply with quote