Topic "Minimize and Restore"

uologic
[View user's profile]

Hi,

I never want to close winscp at my PC because it cache file browsing and I can browser faster in FTP till I keep it open Smile . I did hibernate my PC and continue with cached browsing.

I have activated option "Minimize to System Tray on Minimize" and It lead me two problems

1- Sometimes I mistakenly click X (close) button and here it goes, I lost all cached.
2- When I click WinSCP icon in TaskBar, it minimize to System Tray again which is actually disturbing while we work.

Suggestion Idea : Make another Option in Preferences Like Skype "Minimize to System Tray On Close" to resolve both issues. Very Happy
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your suggestion. Will see if more people ask for this.

prikryl wrote:
Thanks for your suggestion. Will see if more people ask for this.

As a user and supporter of WinSCP, I would like to augment the OP's request. When I resume my laptop from a suspended or hibernated state, I am shown a winscp dialogue regarding a network connection error, and my session is disconnected. At that time, all I want to do is completely minimize the winscp application. But I cannot. The log-in dialogue can be minimized, but the disconnected "explorer" window is locked like a modal window. So it obscures my desktop. The only choices I have are to do a winscp logon to a remote server (don't need to yet), or completely close the application. So my request is make the entire application "minimizable" as described above. Thank you.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
The next version will allow you do close the Login dialog, without closing WinSCP.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License