Topic "Cannot List Directory & No Such File or Directory Error"

Grit

While creating some automated scripts with WINSCP, I've encountered a problem with a specific SFTP site that has me bewildered. There are no issues whatsoever when using the WINSCP gui (winscp.exe) - however I'm trying to use winscp.com.

After navigating away from the root directory of the SFTP site, the "ls" command no longer functions, and simply throws an error message "Directory X does not exist".

Additionally, and more troublesome is the fact that I cannot navigate or pull files from specific directories. Again, a similar error message "Cannot get real path for X" is thrown.

In the log file you will note that I can navigate to "/prod/wim_out/lincoln", but I cannot navigate to "/prod/wim_out/cornerfeedfiles" and several other folders.

These directories are set-up with identical permissions, and FTP clients can access them with no problem. It's only when I use command-line options and scripts that this problem is encountered.

Any help that can be provided is appreciated.
log.txt (14.47 KB) [Download]

Description: Session log

Advertisements
Grit

I'm on the latest version of WINSCP, but this problem existed in the prior version as well.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Can you attach a log file from GUI showing listing of the /prod directory?

See attached GUI log file - shows directory listings.
log.log (10.17 KB) Private file

Description: GUI Log

Grit

FYI - I tried with an older version of WinSCP (5.5.6) and the same problem was present. I've also tried from different computers in different networks.

It's a third-party FTP site, so I'm limited in what I can look at there.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
In GUI, you enter /Prod path, while in script you use /prod. Note that most servers are case-sensitive.
Grit

Well that was simple. Turns out that you're right.

If I use improper case with a cd command, I'm still able to navigate through folders up to a specific point where it starts to fail. However, I can't list the contents in those directories unless I used the proper case to begin with.

It's a little bit counter-intuitive, but using the correct case seems to be the solve. And I could have sworn I tested that. Oh well.

Thanks!
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License