Error changing to directory - WebDav Host

Advertisement

dnmadc
Joined:
Posts:
3
Location:
Portugal

Error changing to directory - WebDav Host

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a WebDav host using the same configurations that is working on other FTP/WebDav client (BitKinex) but I'm getting the following error message "Error changing to directory - 405 Method Not Allowed". The host settings are similar on WinSCP and BitKinex, so I'm really not sure what can be wrong - Next you can check the WinSCP log:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
WinSCP Version 5.7.5 (Build 5665) (OS 10.0.10240 - Windows 10 Pro)
Configuration: HKCU\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\
Log level: Normal
Local account: DAC_Laptop\Duarte
Working directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP
Process ID: 8808
Command-line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.exe"
Time zone: Current: GMT+1, Standard: GMT+0 (GMT Standard Time), DST: GMT+1 (GMT Daylight Time), DST Start: 29/03/2015, DST End: 25/10/2015
Login time: 18 de setembro de 2015 14:04:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Session name: Logiberica (Modified site)
Host name: www.logiberica.info (Port: 80)
User name: clientes (Password: Yes, Key file: No)
Transfer Protocol: WebDAV
Proxy: none
Local directory: C:\Users\Duarte\Documents, Remote directory: /clientes/, Update: Yes, Cache: No
Cache directory changes: No, Permanent: Yes
DST mode: 1
Compression: No
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ah_create, for WWW-Authenticate
Sending request headers:
OPTIONS /clientes/ HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: WinSCP/5.7.5 neon/0.30.1
Keep-Alive:
Connection: TE, Keep-Alive
TE: trailers
Host: www.logiberica.info

Sending request-line and headers:
Doing DNS lookup on www.logiberica.info...
req: Connecting to 31.193.141.145:80
Request sent; retry is 0.
[status-line] < HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
Header Name: [date], Value: [Fri, 18 Sep 2015 13:04:51 GMT]
Header Name: [server], Value: [Apache]
Header Name: [www-authenticate], Value: [Basic realm="clientes"]
Header Name: [content-length], Value: [401]
Header Name: [connection], Value: [close]
Header Name: [content-type], Value: [text/html; charset=iso-8859-1]
End of headers.
ah_post_send (#0), code is 401 (want 401), WWW-Authenticate is Basic realm="clientes"
auth: Got challenge (code 401).
auth: Got 'Basic' challenge.
auth: Trying Basic challenge...
auth: Accepted Basic challenge.
sess: Closing connection.
sess: Connection closed.
auth: Sending 'Basic' response.
Sending request headers:
OPTIONS /clientes/ HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: WinSCP/5.7.5 neon/0.30.1
Keep-Alive:
Connection: TE, Keep-Alive
TE: trailers
Host: www.logiberica.info
Authorization: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sending request-line and headers:
req: Connecting to 31.193.141.145:80
Request sent; retry is 0.
[status-line] < HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Header Name: [date], Value: [Fri, 18 Sep 2015 13:04:51 GMT]
Header Name: [server], Value: [Apache]
Header Name: [allow], Value: [GET,HEAD,POST,OPTIONS,TRACE]
Header Name: [content-length], Value: [0]
Header Name: [connection], Value: [close]
Header Name: [content-type], Value: [httpd/unix-directory]
End of headers.
ah_post_send (#1), code is 200 (want 401), WWW-Authenticate is (none)
sess: Closing connection.
sess: Connection closed.
Request ends, status 200 class 2xx, error line:
200 OK
Request ends.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using WebDAV protocol.
Doing startup conversation with host.
Changing directory to "/clientes/".
Trying to open directory "/clientes/".
ah_create, for WWW-Authenticate
auth: Sending 'Basic' response.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<propfind xmlns="DAV:"><allprop/></propfind>
Sending request headers:
PROPFIND /clientes/ HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: WinSCP/5.7.5 neon/0.30.1
Connection: TE
TE: trailers
Host: www.logiberica.info
Depth: 0
Content-Length: 84
Content-Type: application/xml
Authorization: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sending request-line and headers:
req: Connecting to 31.193.141.145:80
Sending request body:
Request sent; retry is 0.
[status-line] < HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed
Header Name: [date], Value: [Fri, 18 Sep 2015 13:04:52 GMT]
Header Name: [server], Value: [Apache]
Header Name: [allow], Value: [GET,HEAD,POST,OPTIONS,TRACE]
Header Name: [content-length], Value: [235]
Header Name: [connection], Value: [close]
Header Name: [content-type], Value: [text/html; charset=iso-8859-1]
End of headers.
ah_post_send (#0), code is 405 (want 401), WWW-Authenticate is (none)
sess: Closing connection.
sess: Connection closed.
Request ends, status 405 class 4xx, error line:
405 Method Not Allowed
Request ends.
(ECommand) Error changing directory to '/clientes/'.
405 Method Not Allowed
Getting current directory name.
ah_create, for WWW-Authenticate
auth: Sending 'Basic' response.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<propfind xmlns="DAV:"><allprop/></propfind>
Sending request headers:
PROPFIND /clientes/ HTTP/1.1
User-Agent: WinSCP/5.7.5 neon/0.30.1
Connection: TE
TE: trailers
Host: www.logiberica.info
Depth: 1
Content-Length: 84
Content-Type: application/xml
Authorization: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sending request-line and headers:
req: Connecting to 31.193.141.145:80
Sending request body:
Request sent; retry is 0.
[status-line] < HTTP/1.1 405 Method Not Allowed
Header Name: [date], Value: [Fri, 18 Sep 2015 13:04:56 GMT]
Header Name: [server], Value: [Apache]
Header Name: [allow], Value: [GET,HEAD,POST,OPTIONS,TRACE]
Header Name: [content-length], Value: [235]
Header Name: [connection], Value: [close]
Header Name: [content-type], Value: [text/html; charset=iso-8859-1]
End of headers.
ah_post_send (#0), code is 405 (want 401), WWW-Authenticate is (none)
sess: Closing connection.
sess: Connection closed.
Request ends, status 405 class 4xx, error line:
405 Method Not Allowed
Request ends.
(ECommand) Error listing directory '/clientes'.
405 Method Not Allowed
Startup conversation with host finished.
Not refreshing directory, caching is off.



The log from BitKinex, that connects without problems is the following:

Resolving host name "www.logiberica.info" ...
Connecting ( www.logiberica.info => ip: 31.193.141.145, port: 80 )
Connected (31.193.141.145:80)
<<< GET /clientes/ HTTP/1.1
<<< Host: www.logiberica.info
<<< User-Agent: BitKinex/3.2.3
<<< Accept: */*
<<< Pragma: no-cache
<<< Cache-Control: no-cache
>>> HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
>>> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:51:53 GMT
>>> Server: Apache
>>> WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="clientes"
>>> Content-Length: 401
>>> Connection: close
>>> Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Connection closed
Resolving host name "www.logiberica.info" ...
Connecting ( www.logiberica.info => ip: 31.193.141.145, port: 80 )
Connected (31.193.141.145:80)
<<< GET /clientes/ HTTP/1.1
<<< Host: www.logiberica.info
<<< User-Agent: BitKinex/3.2.3
<<< Accept: */*
<<< Pragma: no-cache
<<< Cache-Control: no-cache
<<< Authorization: Basic Y2xpZW50ZXM6dWcwVWRPakZWX2s=
>>> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>>> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:51:53 GMT
>>> Server: Apache
>>> Content-Length: 5274
>>> Connection: close
>>> Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8
FIN received
Connection closed
Resolving host name "www.logiberica.info" ...
Connecting ( www.logiberica.info => ip: 31.193.141.145, port: 80 )
Connected (31.193.141.145:80)
<<< HEAD /clientes/Arvore_FTP_Logiberica.pdf HTTP/1.1
<<< Host: www.logiberica.info
<<< User-Agent: BitKinex/3.2.3
<<< Accept: */*
<<< Pragma: no-cache
<<< Cache-Control: no-cache
<<< Translate: f
<<< Authorization: Basic Y2xpZW50ZXM6dWcwVWRPakZWX2s=
>>> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>>> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:51:53 GMT
>>> Server: Apache
>>> Last-Modified: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 15:55:30 GMT
>>> ETag: "1840076-18435-5023f61cef893"
>>> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>>> Content-Length: 99381
>>> Connection: close
>>> Content-Type: application/pdf
FIN received
Connection closed


Con someone help me in figuring out why is the WinSCP connection not working?

Best Regards,

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
29,563
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Error changing to directory - WebDav Host

Please show us BitKinex log for comparison.

Reply with quote

dnmadc
Joined:
Posts:
3
Location:
Portugal

Re: Error changing to directory - WebDav Host

martin wrote:

Please show us BitKinex log for comparison.

Hi, The BitKinex log was already in my original post - please check below the BitKinex log for the successful login to the webdav site/folder:

Resolving host name "www.logiberica.info" ...
Connecting ( www.logiberica.info => ip: 31.193.141.145, port: 80 )
Connected (31.193.141.145:80)
<<< GET /clientes/ HTTP/1.1
<<< Host: www.logiberica.info
<<< User-Agent: BitKinex/3.2.3
<<< Accept: */*
<<< Pragma: no-cache
<<< Cache-Control: no-cache
>>> HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required
>>> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:51:53 GMT
>>> Server: Apache
>>> WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="clientes"
>>> Content-Length: 401
>>> Connection: close
>>> Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
Connection closed
Resolving host name "www.logiberica.info" ...
Connecting ( www.logiberica.info => ip: 31.193.141.145, port: 80 )
Connected (31.193.141.145:80)
<<< GET /clientes/ HTTP/1.1
<<< Host: www.logiberica.info
<<< User-Agent: BitKinex/3.2.3
<<< Accept: */*
<<< Pragma: no-cache
<<< Cache-Control: no-cache
<<< Authorization: Basic Y2xpZW50ZXM6dWcwVWRPakZWX2s=
>>> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>>> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:51:53 GMT
>>> Server: Apache
>>> Content-Length: 5274
>>> Connection: close
>>> Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8
FIN received
Connection closed
Resolving host name "www.logiberica.info" ...
Connecting ( www.logiberica.info => ip: 31.193.141.145, port: 80 )
Connected (31.193.141.145:80)
<<< HEAD /clientes/Arvore_FTP_Logiberica.pdf HTTP/1.1
<<< Host: www.logiberica.info
<<< User-Agent: BitKinex/3.2.3
<<< Accept: */*
<<< Pragma: no-cache
<<< Cache-Control: no-cache
<<< Translate: f
<<< Authorization: Basic Y2xpZW50ZXM6dWcwVWRPakZWX2s=
>>> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>>> Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 12:51:53 GMT
>>> Server: Apache
>>> Last-Modified: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 15:55:30 GMT
>>> ETag: "1840076-18435-5023f61cef893"
>>> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>>> Content-Length: 99381
>>> Connection: close
>>> Content-Type: application/pdf
FIN received
Connection closed

Thank you for your help.

Reply with quote

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
29,563
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Error changing to directory - WebDav Host

It does not look like a WebDAV. You do not use GET request to list WebDAV folder. In WebDAV, there's PROPFIND request.

BitKinex claims to be an HTTP client. So it possibly can parse a directory listing page produced by an HTTP server.

Reply with quote

Guest

Re: Error changing to directory - WebDav Host

martin wrote:

It does not look like a WebDAV. You do not use GET request to list WebDAV folder. In WebDAV, there's PROPFIND request.

BitKinex claims to be an HTTP client. So it possibly can parse a directory listing page produced by an HTTP server.

Hi,

Thank you for your help. I'm not an expert on these kind of connections, so does this means that I cannot connect to this specific host using WinSCP?

Best Regards,

Reply with quote

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar
Joined:
Posts:
29,563
Location:
Prague, Czechia

Re: Error changing to directory - WebDav Host

Most probably you cannot.

Reply with quote

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum