scp/sftp-url-bugs

Advertisement

Zoyo

scp/sftp-url-bugs

Hi.

I've got some problems with this new URLs.
1. If the URL contains a whitespace then winscp can't open the directory. It breakes the pathname at this whitespace.

2. It seems that I can't use URLs pointing to files. winscp tries to do a cd to that URL. This gives an error like: "-bash: cs /home/foo/bla.pdf: Not a directory." with the URL scp://server/home/foo/bla.pdf
I think that the application linked to the filetype should start like it does when klicking on a file manually.

regards,
Zoyo

Advertisement

nils

Re: scp/sftp-url-bugs

martin wrote:

I can confirm the both problems. I'll try to do something with it.

Hi,
these problems still exists in 3.7.0 Build 254.
Any hints?

Thanks,
Nils

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

nils wrote:

Hi,
these problems still exists in 3.7.0 Build 254.
Any hints?
The second problem is AFAIK resolved. If you use URL http://server/path/file the file will be downloaded. but now I have maybe noticed small problem. The path cannot be relative to home directory, it must be full path.

The first problem maybe still exists, but I'm not able to reproduce it. Can you tell me what exactly are you doing and on what version of Windows, with what browser?

The second problem is AFAIK resolved. If you use URL http://server/path/file the file will be downloaded. but now I have maybe noticed small problem. The path cannot be relative to home directory, it must be full path.

The first problem maybe still exists, but I'm not able to reproduce it. Can you tell me what exactly are you doing and on what version of Windows, with what browser?

Hi,

Windows XP professional + IE 6 SP2 fully patched + Mozilla 1.7.3

ok second problem is solved, but only if there is no whitespace. I tried to replace whitespaces in the url with %20 or '+' (sftp://foo.bar.com/file%20blubb.txt). It gives me a "Invalid access to memory" error.
I can't confirm the relativ path issue!

Now to the first problem:
i.e. url: "sftp://foo.bar.com/dir with whitepace" error msg : File or folder 'dir' does not exists.... as expected.
i.e. url: "sftp://foo.bar.com/dir%20with%20whitepace" error msg : invalid access to memory

thanks,
Nils

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Change SFTP/SCP handler as follows (in windows registry)

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SFTP\shell\open\command]
@="\"path_to_install_dir\\WinSCP3.exe\" \"%1\""

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SCP\shell\open\command]
@="\"path_to_install_dir\\WinSCP3.exe\" \"%1\""

Note the added quotes around %1.

This way it works with IE the both ways (with space and with %20). IE replaces user-entered space for %20 automatically. But before it passes the URL to WinSCP it replaces %20 with space back.

Mozilla does not perform the replacement in either way. So with it the syntax with %20 will not work.

I'll add support for %XX to next version.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum