Topic "Delete directory operations"

Author Message
Adem

Guest


How does WinSCP handle directory deletion?

It seems it is deleting every single item under a directory one by one.

Shouldn't it issue just a
rm -d -f -r <directory_name>
to the server. It is much much faster that way.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
What protocol do you use, SCP or SFTP?
You may read something about the protocols, which may answer your question.
Adem

Guest


prikryl wrote:
What protocol do you use, SCP or SFTP?
You may read something about the protocols, which may answer your question.
Thank you for the link. I was using SFTP, but having read the document at the link, I think I will use SCP (and, for the rare cases SFTP, maybe).

Just one more question, does SCP have any problems with SSH2?

Cheers
Adem
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
Adem wrote:
Thank you for the link. I was using SFTP, but having read the document at the link, I think I will use SCP (and, for the rare cases SFTP, maybe).

You may use SFTP, and add new custom command "rm -d -f -r !" instead.

Quote:
Just one more question, does SCP have any problems with SSH2?

If you mean security problem, then not. On some newer (SSH2) servers, SCP is no longer avilable, but it is rare.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License