Topic "local directory not found..."

r4v3nn

Hi,

I have a Windows XP machine - when I double click "My Computer" I can only see the E: drive (CD). I have no admin rights and can't view C: and D: (My Documents) drive. When I startup WinSCP all goes fine but I get an error "E: drive not ready" - which is OK as there is no CD inserted. So I put in advanced options the local directory to "My Documents" - d:\<username>\My Documents - but I still get the same error. Anything else I can try so when WinSCP is logged in, I get in to the correct directory? The D: drive, as the C: drive is not "visisble" under "My Computer" but I do have read access (C: drive) and read/write access under "d:\<username>\My Documents".

I hope this is a bit clear :-).

Any help appreciated.

Regards.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I believe that the problem was introduced in the latest release. Please try to download WinSCP 3.7 beta. It may work for you.
Also I would appreciate if you send me a contact to you, so I can investigate and possibly solve the problem.
r4v3nn

prikryl wrote:
I believe that the problem was introduced in the latest release. Please try to download WinSCP 3.7 beta. It may work for you.
Also I would appreciate if you send me a contact to you, so I can investigate and possibly solve the problem.

I currently have 3.7.1 Build 257 installed - I'll let you know once I've been able to test the beta - could take some time.

You can read me at my gmail account which is r4v3nn at gmail dot com.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License