Topic "Going thru directories with denied permission to open them.."

Prooksius

Hello!

Having such a problem.

When I connect to my hosting server WinSCP opens my account root dir. I try to go up for a 1 dir on a dir tree, but permission for me to open it is denied. So nothing is shown after changing the dir.
And now I want to go down (return) to my root dir and I cannot do this because there is nothing shown in the current forbidden dir.
Also in Dir ierarchy drop down list there is already no my dir either.

What should I do to get back? Ecept reconnecting of course. Smile

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I you are using norton command interface, you should still see ".." link. In both interfaces there is "parent directory" button on toolbar and in menu. Also read documentation.

prikryl wrote:
I you are using norton command interface, you should still see ".." link. In both interfaces there is "parent directory" button on toolbar and in menu.

No. I want to get back to a child dir, not parent.

I'll try 2 rephrase my first post.

I using norton style.
When I connect to my hosting server, WinSCP opens my account root dir. I try to go to a parent dir, but permission for me to open it is denied. So nothing is shown after changing the dir.
And now I want to go down (return) to my root dir, which is now a child dir, and I cannot do this because there is nothing shown in the current forbidden dir.
As I understand in forbodden dor there is not possible to see it's contents. So I cannot go bach to my "root" dir.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Prooksius wrote:
When I connect to my hosting server, WinSCP opens my account root dir. I try to go to a parent dir, but permission for me to open it is denied. So nothing is shown after changing the dir.
And now I want to go down (return) to my root dir, which is now a child dir, and I cannot do this because there is nothing shown in the current forbidden dir.
As I understand in forbodden dor there is not possible to see it's contents. So I cannot go bach to my "root" dir.

Ok, previously I've understood that "by down" you mean "to parent directory". Now I understand that you mean "to child directory", do you?

To go to child directory that you cannot see in the list, you may use either directory history (back/forward buttons) or you need to type in path manually (open directory command) or bookmark you account root directory or use "home directory" button. Plenty of options Smile

Thanks for a tip.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License