Topic "Muli editor support"

joerg

Hello WinSCP Team Smile

i whish WinSCP would support muliple editor support for different file extensions. Like .py , .html, .zpt ... etc. Is this posible?

Thanks,

Jrg
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I'll consider that. Maybe if more people ask for it Smile

prikryl wrote:
I'll consider that. Maybe if more people ask for it Smile

Well, I'd greatly appreciate that feature too, since I use different editors for different file types, such as php, tex, etc...
The more I use winscp, the better I appreciate it! And naturally, since I spend more and more time using it, I become harder and harder to please! C'est la rancon du succes...

Alain Bruguieres
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
OK Smile

Great! This will be a nice feature ... i know several other people who could need this feature Smile

---
Jrg
duerra
[View user's profile]
Donor
Yeah, using the default editor for a file type would be a wonderful addition. I'm not sure how you "edit" a file with the default program via the Windows API, but I'm sure it's not toooooo difficult. =)
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
duerra wrote:
Yeah, using the default editor for a file type would be a wonderful addition. I'm not sure how you "edit" a file with the default program via the Windows API, but I'm sure it's not toooooo difficult. =)

Well, it not too easy. Problem is combination with the support for MDI editors, recently introduced. If you will be able to configure several editors, then some can be MDI and some not. And it means troubles for me Sad

prikryl wrote:
duerra wrote:

Well, it not too easy. Problem is combination with the support for MDI editors, recently introduced. If you will be able to configure several editors, then some can be MDI and some not. And it means troubles for me Sad

I think, you shold support only non-MDI editors because 90% of MDI editors has no-MDI mode (imho Smile
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License