Recover of data with backup help, please

Advertisement

heartd0c

Recover of data with backup help, please

Hello:

I recently had a hard drive hit the wall. Luckily, I was able to get all data off the drive before it went belly up. I have now reinstalled the same version of SCP (v.3.6.8), and was hoping to re-establish my prior login data ... but it's not in the WinSCP folder.

Could someone tell me where this info file is kept so I can get this going again ?

Thanks !

Jamie

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Recover of data with backup help, please

WinSCP stores settings (including login data) to Windows registry, unless you have ordered it to stored them to INI file.

Heartd0c

Re: Recover of data with backup help, please

Yep, after I posted my question, I snooped around some more on the archives and found your reply to the same question :oops: , and the registry key. So I downloaded a little shareware program RegdatXP to allow me to open the NTuser.dat file under my user name in the backup. There I saw the Sessions key and then just did a lot of copy / paste to add the session keys - including the PingType (what's up with that?). Afterwords, there was a 'not found in cache' warning, which was taken care of by the program, and all was well with the world again. :P

Thanks for the direction !

Jamie

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum