Topic "Synchronization Fails"

drewid

Hi I am trying to run a remote synchronization in batch mode where several gigabytes of small files are transferred. After a few minutes of running, I consistently receive an error in the client window:

Copying files to remote side failed.
Connection has been unexpectedly closed. Server sent command exit status 11.

I am using openssh server 3.6.1p2-33.30.3 and version 3.7.4 build 271 of WinSCP running on XP. Thanks in advance for your help.

-drew
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
What version of WinSCP are you using? Please check server's log file to find out why it closes the connection.

For the version of WinSCP I am running, see my previous post. The log at /var/log/messages is not very informative and merely reports the connection has close. No error appears. I tried running sshd in debug mode but it didn't yield very much useful information...there was some error about a read or write failure. I could get a dump of this log if you thought it would be useful.

-drew
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
drewid wrote:
For the version of WinSCP I am running, see my previous post.

Sorry, I've missed it.
Quote:
I could get a dump of this log if you thought it would be useful.

Please do.

BTW, do you use SFTP or SCP?

I also get an unexpected connection fails error when I try to do a remote synchronization with many directories & jpg files.

I think it is a bug.

PS can anyone tell me how to save the synchronization sesion settings and run it automated daily?

Thank you,
Joe Mosca
joemoscaATcox.net
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joe Mosca wrote:
I also get an unexpected connection fails error when I try to do a remote synchronization with many directories & jpg files.

I think it is a bug.

Can you give me more information? Is there some regularity in occurences? ...

Quote:
PS can anyone tell me how to save the synchronization sesion settings and run it automated daily?

Save your settings on login dialog and then use it from script.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License