Topic "Logging"

Author Message
max

Guest


Hi,

Is there any method of logging the output of the command to a file. I am able to run a remote command using call, but in some cases I need the output of the command.
Is there a way to log this into a file.. or any other means of logging?

Thanks
Max
max

Guest


Hi ,

Sorry, have now found the logging option. Works great in GUI mode & console mode ..But ..alas doesnt log any output when run in scripting mode
I am invoking winscp using the following command

winscp /console /script=cmd.txt

The file cmd.txt looks like this

option batch on
option confirm off
open user:pass@172.27.192.81
cd /web/webdept/nusss/dev
call ./etudata1 TSSET03 SET NVASHOME GBNUANV5
close
exit

I have turned logging on for the above session. Unfortunately it doesnt log any output. Am I missing something ..?

Also .. is there any way of getting the output of the command call
in a file

i.e output of "call ./etudata1 TSSET03 SET NVASHOME GBNUANV5" in a file



Thanks
Max
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24994
Location: Prague, Czechia
max wrote:
Sorry, have now found the logging option. Works great in GUI mode & console mode ..But ..alas doesnt log any output when run in scripting mode

It works even in scripting mode. Please check again.

Quote:
I have turned logging on for the above session. Unfortunately it doesnt log any output. Am I missing something ..?

Probably you are, but I do not know what Smile

Quote:
Also .. is there any way of getting the output of the command call in a file

No.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License