Topic "Replace "*?| ..." by underscores"

winssniw
[View user's profile]

I am using WinScp since several years to upload files from my local XP to my server in the www-space.

Now I am looking to transfer a Harddisk to a local Win98 drive. Win98 does not accept filenames with non-uuencoded character.
But I have a lot of filenames automatic generated by MS IE from html page tilte -> filename,
So the transfer of the harddisk is breaking down during the transfer.
I found a feature in WinScp:
Preferences > Transfer > Replace "*?| ..." by underscores.
But thats limited to downloads.
I want to install WinScp on the Win98 box as a client and download the HD content from the XPbox as server.
Is there a way to install a ssh daemon on the XP box?

Or are there other Windows tools tools which are replacing non-uuencoded filenames when transfering from XP to Win98 inside the Windows world?
Thanks, Winny
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
winssniw wrote:
Now I am looking to transfer a Harddisk to a local Win98 drive. Win98 does not accept filenames with non-uuencoded character.
But I have a lot of filenames automatic generated by MS IE from html page tilte -> filename,
So the transfer of the harddisk is breaking down during the transfer.

What character causes the problem?

Quote:
Preferences > Transfer > Replace "*?| ..." by underscores.

I believe that this replace only characters that are not supported by any version of Windows.
Read documentation for list.

Quote:
Is there a way to install a ssh daemon on the XP box?

Try OpenSSH for Windows. There are also some commercial SSH deamons. I like Vandyke one.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License