Topic "Change remote directory in custom command"

Author Message
fuligeno

Guest


Hi,

I made a custom command that executes a remote script to search files in my backups directory in which I have multiple copies of the same files every hour whenever they are changed (with rsync).

The script searchs for all the files with the same name in a backup and it copies them to a "results" directory.

Then I switch to the results (remote) directory with a bookmark and I can edit and compare them with the current file (which i have previously copied to the local directory).

I use this regularly, and I would love some way to set in the command that after running it winscp will change the remote directory to X.

Perhaps a better way would be:

1. To be able run commands while in a session in the way of scripts like those in "Scripting/Automation" (which currently have local and remote change directory commands), but with the addition of remote execute (which I read that will be possible in the next version).

2. Otherwise just a "Change remote directory after running command to:" option in the custom commands window, but it probably wouldn't be all that popular.

3. Another, perhaps less ideal, but still simpler and very useful option that would speed all that clicking would be to be able to assign key bindings to both, bookmarks and custom commands. Then I would probably put control-1 to perform the search (the custom command) and control-2 to go to the results directory.

BTW, thanks for this fantastic program I use everyday. I simply don't need to use a local server to run my programs, I can just edit them with winscp and scite (which just edits every programming language / configuration file i use) as if they were in the same machine fast and comfortably.

Thanks!

. A .
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24991
Location: Prague, Czechia
fuligeno wrote:
I use this regularly, and I would love some way to set in the command that after running it winscp will change the remote directory to X.

In general you can setup custom command like:
Code:
/path/myscript ; cd /path/results

Unfortunatelly there is a bug in current version of WinSCP preventing WinSCP to notice path change. Send me a mail and I can send you back fixed version.

Quote:
1. To be able run commands while in a session in the way of scripts like those in "Scripting/Automation" (which currently have local and remote change directory commands), but with the addition of remote execute (which I read that will be possible in the next version).

This is definitelly good idea and I'm considering to implement it sometime.

Quote:
3. Another, perhaps less ideal, but still simpler and very useful option that would speed all that clicking would be to be able to assign key bindings to both, bookmarks and custom commands. Then I would probably put control-1 to perform the search (the custom command) and control-2 to go to the results directory.

Also on my todo list.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License