Topic "Only download text files in all subdirectories"

Eric
[View user's profile]

I'm useing version 3.7.5 beta, and previously using 3.7.4

I'm trying to download just the text files in all subdirectories of my current one.

When I try using an "Include" mask with "*.html, *.htm, *.txt" etc., it only downloads the files in the current directory, and no sub-directories.

When I try using the "Text" preset, the first thing it asks me is "File something.jpg already exists locally - Overwrite? [Yes, No, Cancel, Newer only, etc.]"

When I try using the "Exclude" mask with "*.jpg, *.gif, *.mov," etc., the first thing it asks me is "File something.jpg already exists locally - Overwrite? [Yes, No, Cancel, Newer only, etc.]"

What do I have to do to get only the text files in all the subdirectories?
Site Admin
Eric wrote:
When I try using an "Include" mask with "*.html, *.htm, *.txt" etc., it only downloads the files in the current directory, and no sub-directories.

It is supposed to work this way. The mask is applied to directories too. So they are all probably excluded as their names does not match "*.html". Next version will allow masks specific to directories (like "*/" to allow all directories).
Also, use semicolon instead of comma.

Quote:
When I try using the "Text" preset, the first thing it asks me is "File something.jpg already exists locally - Overwrite? [Yes, No, Cancel, Newer only, etc.]"

"Text" preset means "text" transfer mode.

Quote:
When I try using the "Exclude" mask with "*.jpg, *.gif, *.mov," etc., the first thing it asks me is "File something.jpg already exists locally - Overwrite? [Yes, No, Cancel, Newer only, etc.]"

Use semicolon instead of comma.

Okay, the semi-colon solved my problem. Although, might I suggest, that future versions also accept commas?

Also eagerly awaiting the release of the next version. Overall, this is a really good program. And solving this issue has already made it a lot more useful for me.

Thanks

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License