Topic "connection established and active session acheived but file transfer doesn't occur remains at 0%"

wanj2

I am kind of new to using command prompt for winscp. If someone can please help resolve my error below it would be greatly appreciated. As I don't know what steps to take next and I have looked through all of the other boards. WINSCP version 5.5.6.0.

option batch abort
option confirm off
open ftp://username:password@server -passive -explicitssl
put "local file" "destination folder" exit

"Copying files to remote side fialed".If you need the working log, please instruct me on how to get it.
Copying files to remote side failed.png (7.13 KB) [Download]

Description: (none)

Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, use /log=path_to_log_file command-line argument. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.
wanj3

log file
winscp.log (13.79 KB) [Download]

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Can you even connect/list a directory with WinSCP GUI or any other FTP client?

It looks like the server is misconfigured or something is blocking a connection to the server.

Did you read the
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ftp_modes
as recommended by a documentation to the error message "Timeout detected" that you are getting?
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/message_timeout_detected
wanj
[View user's profile]

I can connect and list a directory and transfer files manually. Is the network setup different between manual and automated file transfer?
wanj3

When is a certificate or thumbprint mandatory when connecting to a ftp with explicit ssl?
latest worklog

I figured out how to specify port 21
winscp.log (6.71 KB) Private file

Description: figured out how to specify port

wanj1

prikryl wrote:
Can you even connect/list a directory with WinSCP GUI or any other FTP client?

It looks like the server is misconfigured or something is blocking a connection to the server.

Did you read the
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ftp_modes
as recommended by a documentation to the error message "Timeout detected" that you are getting?
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/message_timeout_detected

Yes, I read the ftp modes article and there is more than one attempt to getting the file. I don't think the amount of time provided will solve this issue.
wanj
[View user's profile]

Can a firewall or NAT effect the command prompt utility different than when I transfer a file manually?
winscplog.txt (8.88 KB) Private file

wanj2

attached is the ftp test if that can help you help me.
FTPtest.txt (2.22 KB) Private file

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
wanj wrote:
Can a firewall or NAT effect the command prompt utility different than when I transfer a file manually?

Show us the manual log for comparison. The ftptest.net log is irrelevant as that connects from a different location than you do.
wanj
[View user's profile]

How do I retrieve the manual log? Is it the log that get when utilizing the command prompt utility.
wanj5

I didn't test connecting with the GUI on the server until now. I was only connecting locally. Forum can be discontinued. thank you for your time. Great tool, very robust.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License